Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody like just gave up on ever recovering from DP/DR and think its a feeling that never goes away? Cuz ive did everything i could to recover but nothing. I dont really care about it tho frustrating but at the end of the day im just awaiting my death like every other human being so who really cares. I havent been on this website in so long and refuse to really look at anything on this site again. All its doing is making you feel worse imo. Just do you and fuck dp dr. Its a fucked up feeling ik this. Fucking 2 years and just gave up. Thats what everybody says but mine still has not gone away so i have no idea what you would want me to do. As long as there are other people feeling like i am right now this second im fine.

Reactions: 106473

· Registered
239 Posts
We live in a world of two extremes. It's either we try or not try, succeed or not succeed. In contrast, the world isn't so black and white and yet there seems to be only two possibility in any choice. My choice was not to give up, which helped me improve. And although my DP is almost non-existent, it has left me mentally scarred and changed for life. Maybe Im still suffering from some lingering trauma that I cannot cope with. All I know is the DP I experienced a while back, is now but a distant memory. I couldn't even recollect my bad experiences if you asked me to. It really felt like some dream and yet I know that it was real.

A lot of people here say that recovering from DP is like a dream you just wake up from. But so is life. you can live a century and it can feel just like a few moments ago yet in the present moment it feels we will never age.

Now, you stopped caring, which interestingly enough, could be your key to success. Yes, giving up isn't always a bad thing. I think society puts too many stigmas on certain words, causing people to feel ashamed or not good enough. Whatever the case it may be for you, go ahead. In a way you have to let it be as it happens.

There are many successful stories of people who just stopped caring about it, and got better over time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.