Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The part of me that is responsible for making decisions has already made his absolute final decision on what needs to be done. But I still need to know how to wrap my mind around the fact that the solution that I came up with requires the use of what can be best described as "incomplete reference points", and the fact that it involves new-age beliefs having to do with the concept of time that are hard to make sense out of that need to somehow co-exist with my desire to live in the moment in a way that makes even less sense.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I got a grip and was able to clear out most of the chaos. But I still want some advice on the fact that there are two things that I want to change about myself that overlap too much with the parts of me that I dont want to change, or something like that. I want to have just enough of an "ignorance is bliss" stance on the world around me to be free from things that used to distress me, and I also want to preserve the one good-judgement decision that i made since getting DP that most directly contradicts the biases the i had before getting it. Someone PLEASE give me some advice about this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's a good point. Dp has taught me I was too sensitive & emotional etc and now I'm unaffected by stuff that would have worried me before. But surely when I have beaten dp I will regain that oversensitivity etc again, that would be going back to normal? We probably won't choose how we are when we return to 'normality' so you may not be able to retain those qualities. However after recovering we will be able to choose how to appropriately deal with things and try not to let distressing things affect us (ie a better mindset and more effective coping mechanisms) that will hopefully enable us to be 'better' than we were before?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's like this. There is a part of me that must never be touched because doing so will always throw off the delicate balance that I need in order for things to feel real. However, my brain also needs to do some mild synaptic pruning in order for things to be the way that they are supposed to be, and the things that need to be pruned are part of that part of me that must never be touched. I'm frustrated because I know that there must be some kind of solution to this out there somewhere but it's a needle in a haystack and googling things like "synaptic pruning delicate balance problems" never gives me anything helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.