Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my name is jacob, and i just want to say some things, i dont know if i have depersonolization and its so scary, im only 15 but ever since i was aronud 11 i had this obsession where i breathe in air and a thought pops into my mind and it feels like it will become true, it was constant back and fourth thoughts from there on, all day all night, it would just be there, the thoughts would think ''i have a brain tumour'' ''im gonna die in a few seconds'' and i couldnt help but feel like they would become true, it was so scary. It goes on and on, and then in grade 6 at the end of the year 2015 i got really dizzy, and ever since then, ive never been the same, my anxiety just took over, and i honestly cant remember anything that happened my ocd thoughts got worse and worse, and being older they got more complex thoughts like ''Im going to die in three seconds from now'' or something like that, it sounds crazy, but its been constant, so, 2016 was the worst year of my life, constant anxiety, constant ocd thoughts, and then it came to a point at the end of 2016 where i started getting new symptoms, i felt spaced out, i lost my sense of identity, i didnt feel real, but i didnt really notice the symptoms because i was too busy completing my ocd thoughts in my head, and the thoughts just kept going, i had depersonolization, and then 2017 one day i had a huge panick attack, and ever since then my ''dp'' has gone to a next level, i question everything in the world, my thoughts feel disconnected, i wonder how we are in this body, how our brain like does all of this stuff, it just freaks me out, i dont recognise my mum, i know its her but it just doesnt have that feeling. right now i feel so BAD,i just have had enough, it feels like im in a video game, like help anyone? is this depersonolization?!?!?!? im so spaced out and out of it, i feel like im not even here, its like i don't know how to ''think'', i cant understand anything, cant follow tv shows, nothings helping and ive been this way for too long, i just want to be a little kid again like 12 or 11 even though i had ocd, i still had fun its so sad :(((( anyone helppp

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jacob, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling like this, have you seen a doctor and is your mum aware of your feelings?
yeah, ive seen a doctor, and they have lablled it as an anxiety disorder, which i know i already have, and my mum knows exactly what im going through but she says take medication or nothing will help, but the thing is i do not want to take medication... i just wanna know if its depersonolization or something weird, also i get this feeling like i cant think or formulate my thoughts it horribble

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello jacob .. your story is similar to my story from many sides .. from what I've read i can tell you there nothing physically wrong with you .. and if you make different tests all it will show up healthy .. your symptoms is related to DP ..and many people they think the dp is just anxiety symptom and the others think its disorder .. anyway try to do not read about other diseases and you will reach to the safe side soon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello jacob .. your story is similar to my story from many sides .. from what I've read i can tell you there nothing physically wrong with you .. and if you make different tests all it will show up healthy .. your symptoms is related to DP ..and many people they think the dp is just anxiety symptom and the others think its disorder .. anyway try to do not read about other diseases and you will reach to the safe side soon
ughhh thanks so much man, you dont have any idea how reassuring that is, its absolutely terrible, and i feel sorry for whoevers going through this right now with me, its probably one of the worst things a human could possibly go through

·
Registered
91 Posts
Its wrong to say 100% nothing physically caused it, it might be mercury, candida or something did u make blood tests? Although if its purely mental ( which i believe it is) you are just 15 years old, u would never come to this situation if u had normal life if u played outside with other kids and was physically active. Its great that u refused to take drugs (still cant believe mother would give her 15 yo drugs), which are disaster and usually wont help with such a problems (they target serotonin).Go outside play football every day or do some sports, its really hard at beginning but you will feel much better soon. Go to gym, i recommend street workout as best option. You will be your old self in 1 month, its most likely that your dopamine is depleted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I used to be really physically active, im still fit its just i feel so weirded out about everything that its like i dont feel like doing exercise anymore because i feel so weird.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi. i am a 30 year old woman struggling with PTSD, depersonalisation and suicidal thoughts. I had a major panic attack at work four years ago where i felt out of body suddenly. I haven't been able to sleep since, i suffer every second and feel really really horrible, like my life is over and ruined all because of one job. it is so so hard just functioning on a secondly basis because i feel so awful and cant work out what happened and what I've been thoruhg. I really feel like my life is destroyed. I never had any problems before and now i just cant cope. I feel like i have lost my life, my friendships, my family, my future, all for a job. I just feel sick all the time, feel like i have no home and have no way out of the pain. i feel not real and it is such a horrible feeling. i just cant keep going and I'm really scared as i realise what I've done to my life :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jessica. I'm going through something similar now, and I know how debilitating it can be. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. How have you been since you posted this?

hi. i am a 30 year old woman struggling with PTSD, depersonalisation and suicidal thoughts. I had a major panic attack at work four years ago where i felt out of body suddenly. I haven't been able to sleep since, i suffer every second and feel really really horrible, like my life is over and ruined all because of one job. it is so so hard just functioning on a secondly basis because i feel so awful and cant work out what happened and what I've been thoruhg. I really feel like my life is destroyed. I never had any problems before and now i just cant cope. I feel like i have lost my life, my friendships, my family, my future, all for a job. I just feel sick all the time, feel like i have no home and have no way out of the pain. i feel not real and it is such a horrible feeling. i just cant keep going and I'm really scared as i realise what I've done to my life :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts