Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my third post, i think... so how do i start. I'M LINVING IN FEAR. I have been suffering from this for about a year and i'm at my lowest point. I cant recognize anything, like i know this is my home, this is my family, these are my friends, but it doesnt f***** feel that way. It doesnt feel like this is my room, i dont feel like myself, i dont know who i am and it feels like everyday its gettin worse, it feels like im losing myself everyday more. I fear that im gonna forget myself and forget all my enviorment, my family, my friends, my girlfriend. I'm f***** terrified of schitzophrenia, like literally if someone mentions it i get anxious, i fear that im gonna start seeing and hearing things, even tho i don't and never have, i only have mind chatter at night right before falling assleep, i have racing thoughts and my brain won't shut up thinking, but at the same time i have a blank mind, i dont even know how to describe it, i feel like im losing it. Everything looks so surreal. My short term memory is so bad,at least it feels like it,i can remmember things, im a very good student and very good at math, studying civil engineering, i can remmember lectures but it feels like a dream, like that never happened, or it happened a long time ago or to someone else. Please someone give me an advice, i'm really scared of going psychotic, it feels like everyday its worse.
I have visual issues too, visual snow, blurry vision, afterimages.
Are these part of dp? Or this is really something else...
Your response would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey I'm going through the same exact thing Well I feel like I'm in a dream a fog I'll be doing something anything then a few seconds later completely forget where I am what I'm doing I can't think I feel confused I slur words sometimes get panic attacks a lot everything's blurry and foggy memory problems can't remember stuff good when I'm talking and I'm not actually talking I feel like I'm on autopilot and everyday everything is unfamiliar friends people family anything
Also I feel like I'm weightless and everything I pick up feels empty like I can't physically feel anything I rub my hands against each other I feel like it's not even touching I look at my arms and legs they look completely separated from my body looks like I'm watching myself do everything and my vison is the worst everything is a trippy cartoon looks like it's a matrix the grass the trees look animated and plastic and visual snow is horrible I see static everywhere I'm on Zoloft and Xanax tried lots of meds barely any worked I got all heath checked everything perfect

·
Registered
449 Posts
thats a mix of dp/dr and anxiety . I know that feel . put intrusive thoughts / pure ocd on top of it and you pretty much get me

dont be scared of going psychotic . 1.5 year ago or so I was so scared of going psychotic that I suffered a panic attack . and now I am thinking that it was stupid to be scared of it

my doc actually said that I am psychotic lol . I took antipsychotic medication for a few months but not anymore . I only take effexor now

I am not a doc but I dont think you will become psychotic . nor should you be scared of it . there are so many meds against psychosis and 1% of the world populations has psychosis

but as I said it is most likely "just" dp/dr + anxiety

try to take the power of it . just accept your situation and dont try to fight it aka stop analyzing everything and judge everything what you think or feel . always think that we are here for you and that there are docs etc. and nothing bad will happen to you

trust me 2018 was the worst year in my life . I thought I am losing my mind and I thought my life is ending etc. . but now I feel a lot better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts