Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
mey matt

Go with it. Keep going to work and interacting with people no matter how wierd it gets. The trend with dpdr is that it goes away eventually, but gets worse the more we obsess about what it may or may not be. When that is depends on the individual and the amount of 'inner work' the person does to get better. As far as depression, I too notice a strong correlation between it and DPDR, and yet another correlation between anxiety, depression and DPDR. I try to stay away from meds as much as possible because they can cause you to further dissociate, but when any of the 3 illnesses already listed begin to interfere with your life (i.e. make you stay home and avoid work or withdraw from friends) then meds need to be considered as a viable alternative. If you can muscle these illnesses without meds, that would be the way to go. But remember, IT GOES AWAY THE LESS YOU SELF OBSERVE AND RUMINATE ABOUT THE ODDNESS OF IT ALL. It will take time. I hope this helps.

Ken

·
Registered
369 Posts
mey matt

Go with it. Keep going to work and interacting with people no matter how wierd it gets. The trend with dpdr is that it goes away eventually, but gets worse the more we obsess about what it may or may not be. When that is depends on the individual and the amount of 'inner work' the person does to get better. As far as depression, I too notice a strong correlation between it and DPDR, and yet another correlation between anxiety, depression and DPDR. I try to stay away from meds as much as possible because they can cause you to further dissociate, but when any of the 3 illnesses already listed begin to interfere with your life (i.e. make you stay home and avoid work or withdraw from friends) then meds need to be considered as a viable alternative. If you can muscle these illnesses without meds, that would be the way to go. But remember, IT GOES AWAY THE LESS YOU SELF OBSERVE AND RUMINATE ABOUT THE ODDNESS OF IT ALL. It will take time. I hope this helps.

Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.