Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone willing to talk to me via phone?? I am struggling so bad and I need to talk to someone about this

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hope you got to talk to someone (i see eddy1886 replied to your request) and feeling a bit better now. If you still want to share something or have questions, please do message or write here. Not everyone will be able to relate to your symptoms but we all are here to help each other through trying times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My name is cassidy and I’m in Washington. And I still haven’t got to talk to anyone but would really like to

·
Registered
89 Posts
if you still need someone to talk to, you can message me here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check the Depersonalisation guide by Ammar Takla. it has really helped me recover from Depersonalisation. Here is the link: https://www.depersonalisationguide.com/

I really advise you to download the e-book!

Send me your phone number and I would be happy to call you. I suffered from extreme DP for 3 years and now fully recovered!

·
Administrator
944 Posts
I sense a Book plug.......................Sales must be down..........FFS.......

Books DONT cure Depersonalization Disorder.....
I don't know about this one, but books contain ideas, ideas and suggestions can make a huge difference, eddie. We define ourselves with our thoughts, and we can shape them.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't know about this one, but books contain ideas, ideas and suggestions can make a huge difference, eddie. We define ourselves with our thoughts, and we can shape them.
. This could present the perfect opportunity to go back to the drawing board to re-define and conceptualize what DP actually is. I have a strong suspicion that whatever Eddy is suffering from is fundamentally different from what you are dealing with, though their effects on your lives may be similar.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I mean, a book might be able to help you cope better with a diagnosis of terminal cancer, but it won't cure it or treat it in anyway. On the other hand, a book can definitely "cure" a person's dissatisfaction with life, coupled with appropriate follow-up action, of course.

·
Administrator
944 Posts
I can't speak for eddie, but I know from his posts he comes from a traumatic background, so "fundamentally different from what you are dealing with" is a false statement.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I just dont believe that reading a book is going to cure what I firmly believe is a "chemical imbalance" in the brain...

At least thats what every shrink ive ever dealt with has described it as......

Yes reading gives us ideas and teaches us more about ourselves but it wont redress what is basically a chemical problem at source...

Ive read various self help books over the years....None of them made my DP go away quickly...Which is what we all not only want but NEED....Who on this forum can put aside 2 or 3 years of their life to teach themselves how to retrain their mind to rid it of DP...Im sorry but I dont believe anybody on here can put their lives on hold for that long let alone put up with the anguish that would accompany it for such a long period of time...This is why people who are really suffering badly turn to medication...They are desperate for a quicker solution to the hell they are in....I know I was....

·
Administrator
944 Posts
Eddie, meds can help stabilize, no disputing,

True, if you think a book will change things overnight, you're wrong, but if you're willing to do a bit of work they can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts