Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today I see my psychiatrist, (P.M.), I will talk about Lamictal. I had a fight with my boyfriend yesterday about meds. He wants me to stay on Paxil, but I am sure I can be better. So I will ask to Lamictal. A bit afraid but I want to try. I don,t know what is the dosage at the beginning??

I would like also to stop Paxil and taking Prozac or Anafranil. Anafranil is my first choice, because it doesn,t trigger anxiety.

Again, wish me luck! :)

Cyn xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was a bit surprised how many meds you consider helpful.

Just out of interest, how many different meds do you actually take?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am no expert, but thats a strange combination.

Because paxil stimulates and klonopin is a benzo if i am not mistaken.
Thats just the opposite.

Is that a good combination for you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting.

If it calms you down, well, then its probably ok, but why do you want to change to another med instead of paxil?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because I feel again in a fog, not there, derealization, you know. It doens't help much derealization. I have big trouble with that, energy, headaches, insomina in the night.

Cyn xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the current meds just dont work?

I dont remember exactly your previous posts, but I know that your distress is great, however I think that you havent sticked to a certain med for a longer period of time yet.

So that is why I kind of think youre in a hurry to find the med that immediately knocks you out of the hell and you dont give yourself the time to really adjust to a certain med.

I could be mistaken, but my hunch is that you are impatient.
However I dont want to talk you in or out of something.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe I am impatient, but I am tired to be ill. 3 months of Paxil is a fair trial I think? No?

Cyn xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to reply yesterday, but it did not work.

I just wanted to state that I dont know if it is enough time.
I hope someone with more knowledge can give some advice here.

However it took two months for my meds to work, and I am expecting another month until they really do what they are for in the first place.

Well, but three months on paxil sound like enough time.
Good luck, cynth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts