Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to recognize myself in the miror and to regain "myself" since i can't connect with myself right now,like,i don't even know who i am anymore? And will this bllury vision go away? 'cause it's bothering me very,very much? What is your opinion? :)

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
No DP means no DP. So if you believe all the people who recovered, totally. I can't speak for the blurry vision, but can tell you that the more emotions I have (from AD's) the more connected I feel to myself in the mirror. I think the disconnect is from not having an emotional connection when you look back at yourself, when I have more emotions, I am more connected...oh and lower anxiety (that's for sure) that's just how it works for me anyway

·
Registered
35 Posts
Iv said this couple of times but i will say it again. Your physical health will be a strong asset factor in your recovery so take good care of your body.

Personally I concentrated on healing my body first with proper diet, regular meals, no fried foods, just steamed fish and veggies with rice. If your body is energized healthy your mind will follow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes you will recover, my spouse struggled with this and is now better. Their definition of blurry vision was calling it "HD" vision, but I believe it to be very similar, and it subsided. They also didn't recognize their body in the mirror, and as emotions returned and the symptoms started to die down, this too got better.

There is no specific timeline, so whether you see someone post "many years", or "a couple months" or whatever, it doesn't matter how long it took anyone else, its all about you and pushing yourself to get better, and how long that takes just can't be determined. I would by no means feel discouraged by anyone that took years because you feel like it will take forever, or feel like you are outside the norm because some people recovered in weeks, I would instead focus on diet and physical health as Cheffy suggested, as well as trying as best you can not to focus on the fact that it's happened. Exercise is fantastic at helping your body heal, as well as a proper diet, and I've read studies on how 8-12 weeks of yoga can significantly help improve brain function and increase the rate at which neuroplasticity occurs; this may have been just coincidental (doubtful), but I noticed my spouse start to improve at a much faster rate after around a month of yoga and exercise, and after 3 months they were quite notably improved.

Focus on your overall well being, and less on the fact that the symptom is still there. It will improve, just hang in there :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts