Depersonalization Support Forum banner

I Honestly...

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Guest_ 
#1 ·
Feel like I don't know where I'am in my own house.

Its like I recognize none of it.

Not even my mum, dad and dog.

:( .

#3 ·
Imagine, you sound exactly like I did when i was going through the worst of it. And exactly like everyone else does. Don't fret. This too shall pass. You will regain yourself. In fact, you haven't even lost yourself. You're just not looking in the right place. Take a stroll. Engage yourself in external things.

Take care,

s.

#6 ·
If you have ever seen the movie "The Awakenings" thats what I feel I'am gonna end up like, in a wheelchair, in a psych. hospital, doing nothing, staring into space - Brain dead.

Either that or BE dead.

I feel I don't even know what Im doing right now, like I have never EVER done this before.

The whole memory thing, not knowing what I done on what day is soooooooooooooooo bad.

G
#8 ·
Imagine? You're 17, right? Shouldn't you be at school instead of obessesing over DP? I recently started again, and let me tell you now: it serves as a great distraction from my derealization. I have seen a gradual improvement in the things which were bothering me before. I also feel as though my memory is getting better, too, as I'm constantly being reminded about deadlines.

You simply need to distract yourself. Trust me on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.