Depersonalization Support Forum banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Cynthia :)

My name is Heather, Ive been experiencing DP/DP for a month now. Im taking is very hard right now, Im always in a state of panic/anxiety. I actually had DP/DP a couple of years ago and over came it. Im having a lot of doubt that I will again. I had some hope a few days ago but that quickly diminished. I have a very over active mind and whenever I have a symptom I automatically come to this site and read forums for HOURS , like its literally all I do now. I now so have more DR than DP, like I literally feel NO connection to anything or anyone. Like when I look at things its like they dont register to my mind correctly. Like right now I could look at my tv, I know its there but it doesnt feel like it is. I feel a million miles away from everything and everyone. Or like when I shower, I know the water is hot but I dont feel it. Right before I got in to this again I ahd ALOT of stress, anxiety and depression. My boyfriend had just recently moved away, I was sick and my very good friend passed away. What should I do? I have nothing going on in my life, even when I do I feel like I never actually experienced it. All my feiends are busy until late at night (which messes up my sleeping very much) Im not in school anymore ( graduated high school ), WAS looking for a job before my DR got so bad. I feel like I dont exist at all, its so hard for me to look in to a mirror because it feels like I just look right through it. Im always waking up in a panic everyday, literally the second I wake up Im back in to DP/DR. I can honestly barely function . I was actually doing a lot better when I first got DO/DR, but my constant over thinking of it made my symptoms 10000x worse. I actually had hope before and kinda felt like I existed. But now....nothing. Please help. Should I stop coming to these websites and forums?
. Heather, the best thing you can do is read some of these recovery stories, print out your favorite ones and move on. Once u get the info u need to recover there isnt much need for this website.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
. Heather, the best thing you can do is read some of these recovery stories, print out your favorite ones and move on. Once u get the info u need to recover there isnt much need for this website.
If there is no need for this website then why are you here....This website is very important to alot of people...Please dont put it down...In fact this website is the only real source of decent info as regards DP in the world for alot of people...One of the big problems is people getting better and then not coming back to report on their progress and recovery stories....

·
Registered
102 Posts
If there is no need for this website then why are you here....This website is very important to alot of people...Please dont put it down...In fact this website is the only real source of decent info as regards DP in the world for alot of people...One of the big problems is people getting better and then not coming back to report on their progress and recovery stories....
very true, i usually just come here to check out recovery stories. I try not to come on as much as i do feel like im obsessing a bit. The website is definitely not a bad place, not at all. If it didnt exist I think my anxiety would be much worse than it is right now. Because of this website i have what i believe an ok understanding of what is going on with me. But again, in my opinion, for me at least, i feel like i am addicted to it, which is hindering my progress and keeping me in the anxiety loop. But everyone is different :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
very true, i usually just come here to check out recovery stories. I try not to come on as much as i do feel like im obsessing a bit. The website is definitely not a bad place, not at all. If it didnt exist I think my anxiety would be much worse than it is right now. Because of this website i have what i believe an ok understanding of what is going on with me. But again, in my opinion, for me at least, i feel like i am addicted to it, which is hindering my progress and keeping me in the anxiety loop. But everyone is different :D
I also feel the same way, with me I will read a good recovery story that I relate to a lot. Feel really good and have some hope, but I get so caught uo in it that I start to read more and more stories and then I suddenly lose that bit of happiness I got and then try to find another good recovery story which then just reminds me of all my symptoms and I then feel horrible. Coming to these forums is pretty much ALL Ive done the past month, and that doesnt seem healthy at all. I think if we should be more disciplined on ourselves to only come here when were feeling extremely desperate or once a month to update how were doing. Or even better yet, our recovery !! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also feel the same way, with me I will read a good recovery story that I relate to a lot. Feel really good and have some hope, but I get so caught uo in it that I start to read more and more stories and then I suddenly lose that bit of happiness I got and then try to find another good recovery story which then just reminds me of all my symptoms and I then feel horrible. Coming to these forums is pretty much ALL Ive done the past month, and that doesnt seem healthy at all. I think if we should be more disciplined on ourselves to only come here when were feeling extremely desperate or once a month to update how were doing. Or even better yet, our recovery !! :)
I 100% agree. Its definitely important to update progress or even a recovery! :D Only problem is that when most people recover, typically they don't come back here, they kinda just forget about it. Ive talked to a few people that were memebers on here back in 2010 and recovered. They never bothered to tell their story b/c it simply did not cross their minds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you still ok? You posted this a year ago.
My biggest fear is that this is something that remains for the whole life, and if you are stil ok there is hope.
I have dp and dr for a year now, DR is so far gone, world is 3d again, that is good progress.
DP is faiding away, but i still feel like stranger to my self, its like i reach this point were i only need one step to normal, and i just relaps, and the process goes from the begining.
I am better, but i kinda feel like i forgot how i felt my body before dp, how it's like not to feel like a "walking camera" (that is the best description of the feeling i can think in this moment)
Am i going to be normal? Am i just to much focused on my dp so i just think that i can't remember normal body feeling?
I do my best to get better, i do tons of things every day, i gues it is a slow progres and because that i am scsred that i brot this to my self for lifetime.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts