Depersonalization Support Forum banner
101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just read in a book that it is very rare for anyone to recover 100% and that makes me want to die, seriously. I've been pretty hopeful and optimistic and new meds I'm going to be trying and stuff and that one little sentence shot me down.
Did you have the "blank brain" and fogginess and emotional numbness?

And what is the biofeedback process like? Like, what do they do?
I got off SSRIs for the first time in 7 years and I'm feeling hopeless and panicky and doomed and I'm crying a bunch but still no connection to emotions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How long did it take for the lexapro to start working for you? I have been. On it for 20 days and haven't felt much difference but the doctor said it could take a month to start seeing results. Just curious on how long it took for you to see results.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
How long did it take for the lexapro to start working for you? I have been. On it for 20 days and haven't felt much difference but the doctor said it could take a month to start seeing results. Just curious on how long it took for you to see results.
Took me about a month or a month and a half.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cynthia94 Hi Cynthia, thank you for your motivating messages. Me too have been suffering from THC induced DP/DR for about 3 months. I started taking Lexapro 2 weeks ago and I can see some slight improvement. I was just wondering, if your head/brain also felt so numb during your dp phase. Basically that´s my biggest problem atm. I am kind of out of that dreamlike state, but still feel quite numb and irrationally scared somewhat. So for now the symptoms are: Numbness in the head/brain, only very slight dreamlike state ( by far not as bad as it was ), irrational fear and negative, sometimes very strange thoughts like they are not my thoughts, not what they used to be and some visual problems (floaters and dots and some stuff, especially when it is very bright). I was just wondering, if that is normal during DP and if they are completely gone in your case? Thank you again for your motivating posts!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Cynthia94 Hi Cynthia, thank you for your motivating messages. Me too have been suffering from THC induced DP/DR for about 3 months. I started taking Lexapro 2 weeks ago and I can see some slight improvement. I was just wondering, if your head/brain also felt so numb during your dp phase. Basically that´s my biggest problem atm. I am kind of out of that dreamlike state, but still feel quite numb and irrationally scared somewhat. So for now the symptoms are: Numbness in the head/brain, only very slight dreamlike state ( by far not as bad as it was ), irrational fear and negative, sometimes very strange thoughts like they are not my thoughts, not what they used to be and some visual problems (floaters and dots and some stuff, especially when it is very bright). I was just wondering, if that is normal during DP and if they are completely gone in your case? Thank you again for your motivating posts!!!
Hello there! Thank you so much! I'm glad it can help! That's great that you found something that is helping you a bit. It'll slowly start fading for sure :) as for my head feeling numb, yes I had that all day, everyday. Felt like I was just floating eyes, felt no emotion. Only felt fear. As for your current symptoms, I had the exact same problem. Especially having problems in bright lights (like in grocery stores) and yes they are gone completely! So gone, that I even work at a grocery store now xD everything negative that you feel will go away 100% trust me :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Cynthia94. Thank you for the positivity. Just one more question. Did you only take Lexapro aka Escitalopram or anything else. And how long did you take it for? 10 mg? I am taking 10 mg in the morning. Day Nr. 15 and I feel slightly better but still a lot of improvememt needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also some people are saying that the dp dr has completely changed them and that they will never be like they haed to be? Do you feel any of that? Or are you the sae person you used to be?

·
Registered
15 Posts
And just one more question sorry for all of these questions...but when you had those visuals, were they only dots or also some lines and other shapes. This visual crap aka eyefloaters are really driving me crazy atm. and I am not sure, if it is normal or not...

·
Jedi Knight
428 Posts
nolulolu, if you are suicidal I urge you to phone one of the numbers on the lists on this site, who should give you the help you need.

Unfortunately we're not equipped for crisis counseling here and are staffed by volunteers who are sufferers just like yourself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is mainly the eyefloaters which hinder me from recovery. Everytime I see them I am reminded of this fking DP DR. ????????????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
It is mainly the eyefloaters which hinder me from recovery. Everytime I see them I am reminded of this fking DP DR.
Hello nolulolu. I'm sorry for such a late response!! >.< but I have taken Xanax, that made me feel worse. I tried buspiron, didn't help at all. Then the Lexapro was the one that helped me. It was 10mg and took me about a month to notice the difference, don't be scared if you haven't felt it yet, everyone's different :) as for eye floaters, that's completely normal, just like JayB said. I currently have them as well. It's just natural :) and for contact, wichever you want to use is fine :)

G

·
I'm sorry if you mentioned it already, but everything is completely 100% back to normal? Do you still have vision issues (mainly lights being too bright)?

nolulolu, I've had visual snow (the tiny dots everywhere all the time) and eye floaters even years before DP/DR. I think it's most likely normal for some people.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I'm sorry if you mentioned it already, but everything is completely 100% back to normal? Do you still have vision issues (mainly lights being too bright)?

nolulolu, I've had visual snow (the tiny dots everywhere all the time) and eye floaters even years before DP/DR. I think it's most likely normal for some people.
No worries! :)
But yes I feel possibly even better than before! I'm back 100% but I look at everything differently. Not in a bad way!! I mean, I don't take my life for granted anymore :) I enjoy every bit of it!! No vision issues :) in fact, I used to hate going to grocery stores because of it being so crowded and the lights. Now I work in one XD

101 - 120 of 148 Posts