Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
hello guyz

I have no desire to do anything... even mastubation

i think i am not depressed, but my body just don't want to do anything.

and feeling very tired all the time.. i dont know why ...??

any advice .How to get back my desires back..?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in the same boat mate.

I've got ridiculous emotional numbness, like there has been no emotions that I can feel in my brain for 16 months now. My sex drive went out the window too, my body and penis is numb, I get no mental reward from it either.

I'm essentially just a living vessel with no inner world. No emotions, desires or motivation. Shit sucks man, I don't understand why medicine and psychology doesn't know more about this - this has got to be one of the worst things anyone can go through.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,

I have the same problem, I understand the way you feel and how shitty it is. I started forcing myself to do things and it's the only way you can rebuild a proper reward system, it's a vicious circle and the less you do and the less you want to do. But don't do anything useless, like going out to do nothing or listening to music all day. Make a plan each night for what you're going to do the next day. (eg. Morning : Do a jogging or musculation, look for a recipe on internet; Afternoon : ask a friend to go see a movie with you; late afternoon : relaxation; At night : read a book, then do a summary of what you have read and the way you understand it, so you're forced to focus on your book). Also try not distracting yourself with your thoughts, keep focusing on what you're doing and not your DP/DR, and don't stop until you're finished.

I'm currently reading a book about economics, and at the end of each chapter there are exercices related to the chapter, which forces me to focus on what I am reading and the way I formulate things. Doing a daily mental work is just as important (if not more) than a physical exercise. I also do a bit of music with a media studio software, I never had a sense of creativity prior to DP, and it's not better now, but I still try to do something. Also talk to people, irl or on fb.

There's no magic solution, and every time I start doing something I'm just like "well fuck that useless shit" but I know it's for my own good. DP / DR is not the same as depression, but you recover from both through a similar process, you're not gonna want to do anything unless you force yourself to do something in the first place. Even if it's seems boring as fuck and absurd.

Take care !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Screw medecine and psychology anyway, with time, it became more and more for profit and less and less focus on the human being, on the spiritual level. You think you're not depressed but i think it's a deep depression. I might be wrong but for me, emotional numbness and no desire for nothing are really symptoms of a deep depression. For me, it's a depression that hasn't been cured properly years ago that turned into this derealisation, a break from reality, sort of. And now, your soul feel like separated from your body, so you're often in wonder on how to feel, how to think. It's fucked, it feels like "trap in a maze" but be patient and treat yourself the best you can.

The advice i have to give you is to just live normally the best you can, don't focus on bad feelings (i know it can be frustating) like numbness, apathy, just live and distract yourself. Some feelings will come back with time. I exercice also (running, lifting weights) to work on the connection between the body and the mind, to feel when i'm tired, things like that, it helps in the long run.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't see your post yesterday possessed banana (i had a drink too many tbh) but i think you're right on the 'forced' things to do, like really occupy your mind with something relevant and exercice your brain and not dwelling or just distracting yourself (well, it could be good but just for the evening for exemple). Hard to do but essential, i'm trying to work on that from now on. Very good post ;-)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks ! I know it's hard but it seems to me like to only way to get out of it, meds and personal environement can help but they'll never do the job, there has to be some personal (huge) initiatives and efforts to overcome this, but it's perfectly feasible for anyone.

·
Registered
175 Posts
For me, both dp/dr and anhedonia (lack of interest, pleasure) were brought on by antidepressants. I'm not sure if dp was as a result of anhedonia. Are these conditions related? I've seen some people with dp, are in relationships and have jobs. How's this possible? I mean if you're stuck in a dream state and doubt reality (probably have brain fog as well), how would you be interested in anything?!

P.S. Many people think depression only involves feelings of sadness. This is not true. It can be mainly irritability (like in my case) or no emotions at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"I've seen some people with dp, are in relationships and have jobs" Yeah, that proves that dp/dr can be a condition in itself and not just the product of depression, anxiety or other mental problems.

Myself, i have dp/dr since i can remember. Even as a kid, i remember feeling 'off' or weird and different from other people. That didn't prevent me of having a pretty nice childhood and friends and actually be the 'comic' kind of guy.

Anyway...And yes, depression is more than sadness. I think we can agree that we wish it was just that actually...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts