Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I get existential thoughts, but it has nothing to do with DR-really, I'd expect *everyone* to have existential thoughts occasionally, regardless of DP or DR. Having existential thoughts doesn't mean you have either DP or DR. I have only DR, not DP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just DR and existential thoughts are my main problem. But like PerfectFifth said, I don't think it's a direct result of DR since existential thoughts are normal. I'm sure that DPDR invites those sorts of thoughts though since the feeling is so foreign and "inhuman," and we are programmed as humans to make connections and look for patterns as to why the feelings are occurring. With the added anxiety that DPDR tends to create, that's a recipe for taking some existential theories too seriously and too far.

Ultimately, I think experiencing such strange symptoms bring out some of our most primal and basic fears, the source of our existence being one of them. I don't believe I've experienced any DP though, so I can't speak for that. Hope I could help

·
Registered
138 Posts
When i first experienced dissociation, i got dp and ive had existential thoughts since then and before that, then it became both dp and dr and now i just have dr and still have existential thoughts. But existential thoughts are normal and occure in people without dp or dr. I think dpdr causes the FEAR we feel with those thoughts though and make us take existential thoughts too seriously which is something i do constantly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts