Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I experience dp dr on and off, when I do too much introspection and get hang on to the thoughts from buddhism like this is just my ego talking and there is no self, I completely get detached from the thoughts and experience those dp dr symptoms. But when I let go of those thoughts and just be myself and stop introspecting my thoughts I come back to normal. Does extreme introspection or even some irrational thoughts are able to create dp dr, how is this possible?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Extreme introspection basically caused my dpdr 5 years ago. It lasted for about a year and I got 90% recovered. Now its back again and I cant NOT introspect. I think about reality every second. the only thing that I believe helps is doing things take take away your brainpower like building and creating stuff.

Videogames aswell somewhat but I feel like screens contribute to the "world feels flat/2D"

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Extreme introspection basically caused my dpdr 5 years ago. It lasted for about a year and I got 90% recovered. Now its back again and I cant NOT introspect. I think about reality every second. the only thing that I believe helps is doing things take take away your brainpower like building and creating stuff.

Videogames aswell somewhat but I feel like screens contribute to the "world feels flat/2D"
Hi, are you familiar with mindfulness or meditation? Those are great tool to stop thinking and coming back to the what's in front of you etc. Try it, I know the problem now and I have tools that I learned, you can search things to get out of your head too it's not impossible really there are too many options.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My DPDR started as something just "on and off". Though I was terrified, especially in the complete detachment as if I were looking at myself up from a balloon, there were times where I looked in the mirror, and almost as if I summoned it. Summoned the unrecognition of myself I see in the mirror, and it gave me a certain mysterious feeling that, being the introspective questioning thinker I've always been, enjoyed it to an extent. Little did I know how much of hell it is for it to be for good. All the time. Chronic.

I noticed a lot of people on here share similar personality traits; being introspective, thinking a lot, questioning life, and introversion even. Makes me wonder even more about the roots of this unexplored disorder.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im in the same boat, dont even know if I have DP or just obsessive think about myself and check...

I did have a bad weed trip few weeks back but if I had not googled dp I probably would be back to my old self..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi, are you familiar with mindfulness or meditation? Those are great tool to stop thinking and coming back to the what's in front of you etc. Try it, I know the problem now and I have tools that I learned, you can search things to get out of your head too it's not impossible really there are too many options.
I havent REALLY tried, but I feel like if I focus too much on reality I just get more feelings of dissasociation :/. Dont really know how to meditate and tbh kinda doubting that it works, atleast on me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.