Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing feels real, can't stop crying uncontrollably, everything looks scary, the world feels scary, the sun is out today and it's scaring me, i don't even feel like a human being i just feel like a vessel for fear and bad feelings. lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hang in there friend. It can get really tough but you must start eliminating any bad thoughts and repetitive behaviors. Bad recreational habits gotta go too. I dont know if you do any drugs but if you do, they gotta go. Same for booze, cigs and any other alcohol.

The good news -- if it is any comforting at all -- is that these feelings and thought you are having derive from a chemical imbalance and trauma. Both of which can be corrected, but it will take time.

You gotta restart. DP is basically saying your old life gotta go, a new one must begin.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
nothing feels real, can't stop crying uncontrollably, everything looks scary, the world feels scary, the sun is out today and it's scaring me, i don't even feel like a human being i just feel like a vessel for fear and bad feelings. lol
Its DP miss.....You are NOT going psychotic...In fact if you were going psychotic it would have happened by now and you probably wouldnt know any different anyway......

One of the biggest fears of all DP sufferers is that they are gonna just lose it completely....

The words Psychotic and Schizophrenic and Bi Polar are thrown around like free candy way too much in the everyday world and are associated with being totally crazy.....Its just not like that....Its stigma and nothing more....Its actually very narrow minded of people.....Just because somebody is schizophrenic or bi polar doesnt mean they are crazy....Far from it....

The fact is that if any of us on here were to develop any of these conditions you would either not know about it and hence not care or else you would know about it and would actually know where you stand as regards proper treatment....To me thats a win win.....Cos anything is better than not knowing what the hell your dealing with...

Honestly its time we all stopped labelling ourselves with these so called scarey terms and taboo conditions...Its just old school narrow minded thinking that we learned from our friends and parents etc etc.....

Your schizophrenic or psychotic so your a potential serial killer....Absolute complete and utter crap.....Its old school bullshit stigma and causes DP sufferers so much anguish because of the fear it instills in us as we are growing up....

Its time for Stigma as regards all mental health issues to be crushed....We are not in the dark ages anymore....This is 2017 and Mental Ill Health is huge in the general population worldwide...Whether its DP, Schizophrenia, Depression etc etc etc......Its about time people started realising that Mental Health conditions no matter what kind have become very common....WE ARE NOT FREAKS because we are mentally ill.............Its that narrow minded stigma we have grown up with that actually causes the fear and anxiety in us........

Its actually OK to have mental ill health....Its not a death sentence like so many "Normal" people would have you believe...

You are not a freak and you are NOT crazy!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
After that, it started for you, and it looks like a standard psychotic break. You urgently need to find outside help. It will be difficult for you to cope with a mental disorder yourself. At one time, the Bible helped me. I had a psychotic break about a year ago, and I didn't want to do anything. A friend advised me to read the Bible, although I have always been skeptical about this book. But after daily meditation and reading several dozen pages in the Bible, it became much easier for me. I even found an article on this site https://fherehab.com/learning/inspirational-bible-verses, which has the most important quotes from the Bible, in my opinion. So try to turn to God. Maybe he will help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts