Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to solve this mystery as to why I feel better when I get a cold or something that is moderately painful.My mood increases, I feel like I can feel my body more, I have more emotions and my depression eases.Could this be related to the opioid receptor ?
Also why could a kappa receptor antagonist help and at the same time things like codeine, morphine etc also help, doesn't morphine also stimulate the kappa receptor ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Improvement due to a cold might speculatively be due to an immune reaction, since there is evidence that inflammation could be involved in some mental disorders. That's why for example minocycline was studied for treatment-resistant depression.

On the other hand an improvement due to pain might possibly suggest the opioid system.

Did opioid agonist reduce your symptoms?
Codeine does make my head feel clear, and depression goes away.I have read the study about minocycline that is being tested in Germany for depression and watched a documentary too.It look's promising.Minocycline came to attention when it stopped schizophrenia symptoms on 2 patients in Japan.There are also several cases in some other countries where minocycline also improved their symptoms.Actually.I got it prescribed for something skin related but haven't tried it yet.The only thing that I am worried about is minocycline induced hyperpigmentation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts