Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've officially stopped eating. The reason being that whenever I eat my anxiety seems to get worse
I've cut out caffeine, processed foods, simple sugars, and omega 6. But even when I try to get something low Carb such as steak, for example, I end up having anxiety attacks.

Now I get that when blood sugar rises, extra cortisol is released to regulate levels. That's why the websites keep telling me to eat Complex instead of Simple carbs. Simple carbs are mainly found in sweets and white breads. They generally only consist of one or two sugar molecules. These are broken down by the body very quickly after ingesting causing a spike in blood sugar, which means *yay!* more cortisol (stress harmone).

So they tell you to eat starches and whole grains containing Complex Carbs. These are the exact opposite.
They have chains of multiple sugars causing them to be processed more slowly and thereby ramping up blood sugar over time.

However, no matter what I eat it seems to get worse, complex or no. I have taken to eating really miniscule portions over time, instead of big meals which could potentially cause an attack. I hate it. People constantly bring food around me too. My mom or someone will take us out to eat and I'll have absolutely nothing.
The only thing I can have is meat (no sauce) and vegetables with a glass of water. And even this has to be in tiny amounts.

I'm literally starving. I've taken to simply smelling food and just imagining what it tastes like.
But I'm not sure if this is real or not. Whether the food is making it worse or whether me worrying about the food is making it worse. The reason I say this is because anytime I put anything remotely sugary in my mouth I immediently get a rush. Before I even swallow. The same goes with meds. Anything I take immediently has a comedown effect. Within a few seconds of having took it.

Its not normal and therefore must be psychological. I'm just wondering how I'm supposed to recondition my brain not to freak out when I eat an extra stalk of broccoli. I mean, I eat enough to starve a church mouse and it still causes me problems. I've even taken to vomitting sometimes just so I can enjoy food. Its misery.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's all psychological, you are creating problems by overthinking and worrying oo much, it's not easy to change this, but believe me when i say these are all destractions from your ral emotional problems. You've been through some tough time in your life. Fuel your body and focus on recovering, your body's pushing for it and nothing bad will happen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've eaten about 1/3 of what I would usually eat over the last 10 days. On the plus side I had a few pounds to lose and I look f**king fantastic :p (other than the pasty complexion and worry lines that is!)

Is drinking any easier? I've been drinking lots of milky drinks to try and get some calories in.

G

·
Be kind to yourselves. No matter what anyone has said to you at times throughout your life.. You ARE worth it! You deserve to look after yourselves. Treat your body nicely.

Be gentle, be caring and be kind, to yourselves and others around you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.