Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is depressing so dont read if your sensitive to that kinda stuff i am just hoping to get different prespectives on this.
Im having a hard time as i have only been thinking about getting better and living like i used to. But today ive been thinking whats the point of getting better? Whats the point of happiness? Whats the point of feeling anything at all? Why is there good and bad with seemingly no point to either? I feel everything is pointless. I still want to live, i dont want to die or am suicidal but i literally see no point to living or dying. The only reason im not suicidal is cause im afraid of what happens after you die.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I hear ya with all of that (except for fearing what happens after death - sounds absolutely wonderful if you ask me). My only hope is that upon "recovery", whatever that even means, I will be living life more instinctively and naturally. That I will see meaning where I don't, and never really did.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wish this never happened to me. I hate being a human being, being hyperaware of everything, being dp/dred anxious depressed, everything and realizing theres no point, even to all the shit ive been through.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi does your family know your situation? I'm seeing your posts lately and you don't look well. I don't want to put it but you're young so maybe you are more dwelling on your issues and making it worse. You don't look like you're searching solutions, try to go outside more and not focus on the problems and see what's gonna happen. Maybe you would lose some bad affiliations you have now. Who knows.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It looks like you're in a cycle of suffering and you might conditionally accepted this situation so you don't see a way out and that is a common thing, but only you can get out of that with some force and will. You need to change your mindset, it won't happen by itself, you won't be cured at one day, I'm sorry that is not how it works, you need to take steps instead of pulling yourself downwards.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is no "point" in happiness, but it's just an objectively good feeling. Why would you deny yourself that pleasure just because of nihilism?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can relate... honestly even when I start feeling happy and feel good about getting better I think what doesn”getting better” mean or what is “good” etc. lots of just rather purposeless and motivation killing thoughts. Like what is the point of all of this?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think. Im not trying to find happiness.. Im trying to find presence and calmness. Im trying to find this peace.. I remember sometimes having feelings about how it could be. Or how live could be.. But again i losed it all. Now i dont know what i want anymore. I dont know how i get to any state. I dont know who i am.

·
Jedi Knight
428 Posts
What is the point?

I must have asked myself that question thousands of times during my adult life and I've never come up with a satisfactory answer, but I think it's useful to consider that If I wasn't depressive I wouldn't be asking the question in the first place.

Depression manipulates your emotions, distorts your thinking and whispers insidious lies to you.

Maybe you're the same?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its been a little bit since i first posted this and i hope this helps you all but after a while i came to a conclusion that the point (for me at least) is to just experiance. It was soon after that, that i tried to just experiance life more and that made me start appreciating things again. I still feel depressed most days but im no longer as low now. That could change again tho but at least i feel more satisfied with an answer. If you think about it, no matter how or why we are here, you cant denie we are here to simply experiance being here, wether good or bad. But the more you experiance, the happier you become, from what ive gathered anyway.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The fact is if you didn't have DP you wouldn't be asking these questions. Happiness is a human feeling. You'll get rid of DP gradually and you'll think back and say "man that was a silly thought/question"

I'm still afraid of dying. If there is no afterlife, there will be no evidence this world/universe ever existed. That scares me.

Godspeed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts