Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So i've had DP/DR for 6 months now due to a vestibular disorder. As of late, I've really started noticing my sense of time is very problematic. When I do things, I logically know how long it's taken me, but it never FEELS like that amount of time, and usually I feel like I could have been doing it for wayyy longer than I have. Like when I go for a smoke break at work, by the time I'm finished my smoke and walk back in the same way I came, I feel like I walked out hours ago and I'm like "woah, was I really just here five minutes ago?". I just feel so disconnected from my recent memories it feels like everything happened a long time ago. I could sit on the couch for five minutes and it seriously makes sense that I could have been sitting there for an hour even though I logically know it's only been 5 minutes. Car rides and train rides usually feel like they take forever!

When I can ignore it (when my brain isn't freaking out about it), it's not so distressing. But sometimes, usually at night when I'm tired, it can really slap me in the face and send me into full panic. I am DESPERATE to know if other people experience this, it would really ease my mind tremendously!!!

Thanks ya'll!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yupp 100% relateable. When i think about it, i think it's one the most persistent symptoms i've had. Also i think it's one of the most common ones too

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah I have it to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts