Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to lean more towards that I have some kind of brain damage, I drank alcohol before this and was on multiple antidepressants and benzos throughout my life... I am almost non-functional and I feel like anytime I am mentioning this to the doctors, they just say it's impossible to have brain damage from AD's or even alcohol in those amounts... But everyone's different, right?

Every minute of every wakng day I just know something is very wrong with me... I wake up in panic and I am scared 24/7.

Please help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try eliminating all possible causes from a medical standpoint such as sluggish thyroid, vitamin deficiency or poor diet.

This means you will have to try to check ur lifestyle.

Are ur meals on time?
Too much junkfood such as fried foods or chips?
Not eating fruits and vegetable?
Meat based and no fish?
Too much fat or sweets?
Imbalanced?

Since i had dp i became more vigilant about my diet such that i only eat things if it makes me feel good and physically energized. So now i eat fish veggies regularly and i can say on most days i have forgotten i have dp coz my mind is busy.goodluck.

·
Banned
76 Posts
I am starting to lean more towards that I have some kind of brain damage, I drank alcohol before this and was on multiple antidepressants and benzos throughout my life... I am almost non-functional and I feel like anytime I am mentioning this to the doctors, they just say it's impossible to have brain damage from AD's or even alcohol in those amounts... But everyone's different, right?

Every minute of every wakng day I just know something is very wrong with me... I wake up in panic and I am scared 24/7.

Please help.
It is always hard to say something regarding any medical doctor statements but I seriously doubt that you have brain damage from mixing alcohol with AD. I would say that you are in a caught in an anxiety circle, which you are having trouble to get out of.

·
Banned
76 Posts
I don't think you can get brain damage from an AD or alcohol...benzos are another story though...it can take years to recover from benzo withdrawal. Are you off benzos now?
Correct, in can take up to a 1 year in worst case until the Benzos are out of your System. Although from a medical standpoint of view the dosage in the body is no longer measurable.

I am doing my withdrawal slowly as I am working full time, currenctly I am at 0,4 mg per day.

But is this not the core Problem with DP to assume the worst case scneario right from the start?

Why not consider the possibilty that the withdrawal will be manageable and the withdrawal symptons will not be as bad as one thought?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts