Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else dealing with this. It's not a "broooo we're just space dust" kinda thing, but it's realizing/delusionally thinking that we're just little tiny bits of consciousness living inside of a sensation/emotion bubble created by our brains, being driven around by giant meat sacks. It's not just realizing this but feeling it as well. I don't know if I'm terrified or what. Everything doesn't look real because it isn't real. Its based off something thats real but what we're directly living in isnt. We're kinda at the mercy of our brains. Everyones living in a different world.

I could be completely wrong idk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can relate to this in a sense. Sometimes in the middle of just doing something I will realize I am existing and a body of matter, atoms whatever that has this “consciousness” and this “self” and there’s a “me” and what the fuck does all this really mean. Maybe I’m just here, and maybe I’m just a programmed being. Idk. That’s what bothers me. I feel no control really and it’s depressing as hell. They way thoughts just pop in our head and how we just like things. It’s very disturbing. It’s like I’m scared of being human... but I guess that’s the part of depersonalization, the disconnection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi,

i'm in the same boat as you are. it's like i'm questioning every movement of my own. what was so natural in all my life became so unnatural and weird. i'm constantly thinking about how i can move my bodyparts, what are thoughts, where do they come from, where am i in my body and existential questions like these. i have better days, when i'm active, but after that i feel like i did not exist in that moment. but when i'm thinking about existential questions, which i cannot answer, i feel the same, so it's an evil marry-go-round. i'm working on accepting that life is full of misteries and it is not weird and frightening but beautiful, but it is hard af. i had to add, that i have never, for even one second, thought about what life really is until this january and i think this is too much for me at once.

is there anybody who also suffers from hyper awareness of existence and self ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Soup I can relate Big to what you are saying. I question thoughts a lot. Like why do I think? Then in the middle of doing things I obsess on why I thought that...hard to do anything even listen to music because I wonder why my brain reacts the way it does to the music..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts