Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just wondered HOW I go about not always thinking so much. My brain is always on overdrive. Always thinking about something, usually negatively. Like, What if this never goes away? I have this to do on Saturday, will I feel okay/how will I feel? How can I wake it through life like this? When am I just gonna lose it? Etc...etc...Well I am going to try to go to a new doctor soon as my old one's residency is over and is now doing inpatient practice so I can't see her anymore.
So, how do I go about explaining to this doctor that I need major help with controlling my thoughts. It just seems like it is gonna be such a lengthy process to feel clear minded, able to think, able to concentrate, and able to be carefree and happy. Sometimes I just don't think it is worth living anymore.
Anyone?

Kelson

·
Registered
749 Posts
KELSON......

I have them thoughts too, the thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that i must of enjoyed life before otherwise i wouldnt be the age i am now......

.... the thoughts will take a long time to subside, none of us got ill overnight, and recovery is a long slow process...but life is definitley worth living...this is just a challenge to make us stronger, better people.....

one day this will all be a bad memory and hopefully we will all be carefree once again ans able to live a normal life
{or lets say i hope this the way it happens because the whole process of getting better is scaring the crap out of me]

Hang in there....as someone on this forum says what doesnt kill u can only make u stronger

·
Registered
723 Posts
there is some thought directing/controling therapy. i read about it on a british psychological website about dp, but i cant find the website anymore. there seems to be a lot more dp info sites these days

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't know a lot, but I do know one thing. You can't think yourself out of the "thinking-too-much" dilemna. :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
hey Kelson

This is a question I think we all struggle with. The only solid advice that I've heard is:

1. Stay busy and get invoved with life. The busier you are with the things that matter, the less time you have to fixate on that which doesn't.

2. Realize and then begin to tell yourself that these thought patterns and the anxiety they produce are not worth compromising your well being. Take back your life. Tell yourself, 300 times a day if that's what it takes, that you are NOT going to be a slave to obssessive thinking.

3. Anti anxiety meds tend to slow you down to where you can function a little better, and your thinking doesn't get blown out of proportion so easily. I personally will not take benzos, but what has worked is St. John's Wort. It calms me to a level to where I can think rationally and pull out of negative thought patterns much easier.

Hang in there, you can do this.

Ken

G

·
do some intensive exercise (every day)
something like guerilla cardio only takes 12 minutes.

Minutes 1-4 :
Warm-up @ 50% of perceived maximum effort followed by:

Minute 5:
Sprinting for 20 Seconds
Resting for 10 Seconds
Sprinting for 20 Seconds
Resting for 10 seconds

Minute 6:
Sprinting for 20 Seconds
Resting for 10 Seconds
Sprinting for 20 Seconds
Resting for 10 seconds

Minute 7:
Sprinting for 20 Seconds
Resting for 10 Seconds
Sprinting for 20 Seconds
Resting for 10 seconds

Minute 8:
Sprinting for 20 Seconds
Resting for 10 Seconds
Sprinting for 20 Seconds
Resting for 10 seconds

Minutes 9-12:
Cool-down @ 50% of perceived Maximum Effort

of course, seek medical advice before undertaking any exercise program

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I still feel horribly detached. I hate to have to get back on meds again. I am seeing a new doctor in a couple weeks.

I do stay pretty busy. I work 8am-5pm and most always work out/exercise right after work. Right now, there is really no distraction that can help me. But I'm still here. Physically, not mentally.
Thanks again.

Kelson

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i have a brand new interest again in films,the best time of the day for me is when the time hits around 11pm and i can tuck up in bed and watch a film...when i first had dp i couldnt concentrate on the television,i was too self absorbed but now things are getting easier i find a good film a a day helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts