Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
The fact that you wrote the statement kinda proves you are real. Please, stop thinking ridiculous stuff like that, you can cause your brain can think of an infinite possible things, inluding thinking you have no brain or thinking that you are thinking you have no brain, and so on and on.

You are very much real.

·
Registered
19 Posts
exactly don't get too caught up in that, if u don't believe its real, then thats ur choice, cause i believe its real. If u don't think its real then start licking door knobs and see if u get sick the fact of the matter is that ur a human being and u live on a planet called earth which may or may not be created by a higher power, something we all question.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The way I got over this was with breathing techniques whilst I was panicking over these thoughts. It helps me through my anxiety and keeps me somewhat grounded until I feel better.

Have you been suffering from this for long?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Is this what DP/DR means to someone? I can't relate to this description of DR at all. To me, it's this fuzzy, slightly drunk feeling that never goes away. Feels like I don't have a proper connection to the environment around me. It's sort of like I'm looking at the world through a filter.

To me, thoughts like these seem more like an obsession. Even if you don't feel real, you should rationally know that you are real. Then again, no one really knows if they're real or not or what "real" even is, but that has no bearing on your life, and getting obsessed about it is a waste of resources.

Ask yourself this: what does it matter if I am real or not? It doesn't. Your time here is relatively short anyway. I'm sure there was a time when you weren't suffering from DP/DR. You probably didn't doubt your realness back then. Did you suddenly become unreal when you started suffering? It makes no sense. That is, if you're actually suffering from DP/DR or if it's just having obsessive thoughts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can understand what you are saying, sometimes I ask myself am I in a coma? And do I need to find my way back to my body? Its very scary, I still dont know but I suppose not because it would be very absurd. It feels to me like im not on the place where Im standing right now, no connection with people and myself and the world. Watch my body doing stuff, not knowing who I am. Like a robot. Thats why you think youre not real but you are...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts