19-2910658.24%
30-443016.48%
45-6031.65%
60+00.00%

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm curious to see what ages is DP most found in. I've read many times that it usually occurs around 16 and wears off at 20, but I haven't seen that on this site much.

·
Contributor
231 Posts
23 and have had it since I was around 16. Its gotten a lot better now, I used to barely be able to leave my house. I've noticed with a lot of people, once the anxiety dies down a bit, it becomes easier to live and rid yourself of DP.

as for the age thing - I'm not sure thats entirely true. Its totally dependent on the person.

·
Registered
22 Posts
14, so I am basically a fetus compared to other users but that is fine with me!

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've been asked the question a hundred times now at least. I always give a random answer that's within 2 years of my actual age on either side so npbody knows my real age. It's just one of those things. It's a DPSH mystery like why Alan's such a dick or where all Jeff's hair went.

Ironically, those are the only two guys who know my real age so I probably shouldn't be ragging on them. :p

Aw. You guys are young. But welcome. :)

We had another 14-year-old called Emily who used to come on chat all the time. I don't think I've seen her for ages.. I hope she's alright.

Anyway, we span all the ages on here!
Well, yeah we are young.
Although I consider myself smarter than the average 14 year old, ahah.

·
Registered
89 Posts
20, started when I was 15...

Reactions: 999661

·
Registered
255 Posts
This poll would only answer that question for those that use the forum and have answered the poll. There was a point in time none of us knew what to call this or that it had a name or that there was a forum and many of the older generation doesn't use technology. I find no reason to believe it doesn't span every age, and depending on the reason how long it lasts and when it happens are different.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm 19, and have been experiencing it since I started high school at 14. School stressed me out beyond belief, my peers outcasted me, my social anxiety was at an all time high, and along with all of that, I had to go home and deal with my drug addict mom who passed away from an overdose during my sophmore year. Not looking for pity; I'm just reflecting. Sorry for oversharing, but looking back on all of that, it's no wonder why I'm so messed up. I really don't know how I'm still here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts