Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vision isn't anywhere near as severe, but my vision always seems like something is still "off." Like I still can't truly connect or lighting makes things seem weird also grey walls for some reason. Will my vision ever be completely normal again!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok so I'm not going to go in to details yet on my recovery until I can post a 100% recovery story.

But I had chronic DP DR for 12 years straight. Only a month ago I decided fuck this shit I want to see my kids and I'm going to beat this. I have made tremendous strides in only like 32 days already. So much so I didn't even realize how far I have come.
Until tonight, I had a full blown panic attack and my DPDR came back I'll force, it lasted about 4 hours. I managed to calm myself down by going for a sensory walk and then drive.. when I "snapped" back to my (semi) recovered state it absolutely blew my mind how much progress I have made in the last month.

But indeed something still seems "off", but from my understanding and research, it seems like people can only fully "snap" out of DRDP if they have it for a very very short period of time. When I first got DPDR it literally only lasted a week, then I just "snapped" out of it.. about 2 weeks later I had a panic attack that I put myself in by overthinking about how DPDR felt and I literally just snapped back in to being DRDP and then had it for 12 years now straight.

From my understanding I have never really heard of somebody having DPDR for more then a year and just magically snapping out of it. Almost every recoverh story I have read or watched they almost all say the same thing.. it takes them about 6 months of hard work before they say they are 100%.

Hope that gives you hope. It's what I'm holding on it only a month in to my journey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts