Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
long story short, extreme OCD, anxiety, sleep deprivation, a food budget, a horrible school, loneliness, rumination over past traumas, depression and a terrifying hospital visit left me in full blown DP/DR or atleast what i expect it is. As im writing this i actually feel perfect but for all I know in an hour i could feel like shit again. All my life ive gone through extreme hell, thinking back 2013 i imagined back then that i would probably be either dead, insane, or fucked up later on in life, it never happened although shit got much darker and worse

how im coping

Distract yourself, force yourself to continue your hobby

Research hollistic medicine, we have been given everything we need and it has been blinded from us (meds are always the first thing doctors suggest because thats the world we live in, not to say that wont help it may be a last resort) Im going later today to see one doctor and maybe talk about CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)

Talk with someone who supports you if there is anyone, soeone will listen even on this website (believe me i spent one summer all alone crying)

Theanine, Ashwaghanda root, CBD oil, but please research first! with DP/DR overanalyzing is what we do so be open minded to new treatments

Avoid thinking about philosophy/existentialism or that you are going insane

read about others stories and relate

Excercise, yoga helps me to stay grounded

Check to see if your eating foods with B12, B6, C (im vegan so i havent been getting B12)

stay somewhere you feel safe

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love this. Seeing positive messages like yours are so good to see. And I will add that I have tried several of these things and they work for me. I was recently triggered again into this place but I know these things help get us out. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love this. Seeing positive messages like yours are so good to see. And I will add that I have tried several of these things and they work for me. I was recently triggered again into this place but I know these things help get us out. Thanks for the post!
np, anytime im here to help others

1 - 3 of 3 Posts