Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Very first, sorry for my English, it is not very good.

I am 20 year old student, I had DP/DR since my 17. When it started, I had it about once or twice a day for 3-4 ours each time. After about 1 year, it get better, and I had it about 2 or 3 times a day for 1 hour each time. I do fitness from my 16 so thanks to this hobby, I tried a lot of supplements, vitamins, etc. Thanks to this one day I tried taurine. Maybe you heard about it, taurine is for example in energy drinks, but it does not behave like caffeine. Taurine calms you down, and has anti-anxiety effects. It also improves focus and attention. And it helped me to cure.

I started taking 3000 milligrams of taurine each morning on empty stomach (breakfast about 30 minutes later). After about 3 days, I started feeling better and my DP/DR started disappearing. It did not disappear at 100%, I still get it, but only for 2-3 minutes, and after this little time it ends and I am okay. Since I started taking taurine, most of the day I feel absolutely great, I do not feel any DP/DR. When it sometimes after few weeks works less, i stop taking it, and start after few days. And it works great again.

I also wrote on local forum in my country, which is not very used, but one girl replied, that she tried it and it helped her.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi there - the taurine you can buy in the shops says that the recommended daily dosage is 500mg and that you 'shouldn't exceed the stated dose'.... are there risks/side effects to taking 3000mg?

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
I actually have some in the cupboard, only 100 capsules x 500mg - so i'll be able to try 3000 (6 a day) for 15 days starting today, i'll report back when it runs out or before, if anything changes... not putting a lot of faith in this one i've got to admit.

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
update, day 6 wow time flies when you have no concept of time.

First day I took 6 and feel asleep within like 30 minutes, the sleepiness has pretty much worn off for me, but i mean i get heavy sleeping tablets which for a few days I didn't need, which is impressive. Defiantly some anti anxiety properties and might help the average person sleep, no effect on my DP mind, sorry. I'll update this in 9 days when finished.

Wakemeupinside: This article suggests it is good for a child, however do your own research: http://www.livestrong.com/article/476695-taurine-breastfeeding/

6 seems to be the upper safe dose according to a few websites with no reported effects, how this corresponds to your baby I couldn't possibly say.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ionic liquid Zinc because maybe copper overload is what causes DPD, the symptoms with people with Wilson's disease are almost the same.
What? Not at all. Wilson's symptoms seem to be more physical than anything else; it barely resembles DP.

They only share one psychological cross-relation, so do many other diseases and disorders.

I'm sorry but the theory is not tenable, it does not hold up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.