Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find my symptoms very managable when I'm rested, it's sunny, not to hot and not too warm.

But it's raining or it gets colder it can sometimes really make or break my day.

I've never noticed such a huge impact before DR

·
Registered
669 Posts
I was thinking about this topic only yesterday. I always had what I would consider to be a kind of reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder - I typically enjoyed rain and storms especially. I found them cosy somehow, and comforting. I looked through old apps that I had downloaded onto my phone and computer years ago, and a lot of them were sound-oriented - generating rain sounds and such to help me sleep. Back then, in the throes of my panic, I would need to listen to such sounds through my earphones in order to relax and get some rest.

Interestingly though, my DPDR has progressed to a point where I am more or less oblivious and I dare say almost indifferent to everything. No doubt years of this condition (and medication) has now taken its toll, but I feel almost totally unfazed by life, and not conscious of things like weather anymore. If it rains, it rains, if it's sunny, it's sunny. I now see everything through such a foggy haze in general that none of it matters anymore. My experience and absorption of the world around me has become so compromised that it all goes over my head.

Btw, the forum has really gone to shit. What happened to the avatars and all? I'm guessing trying to get any answers or support out of the new powers that be is like trying to get blood out of a stone......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts