Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty nervous because I have to get a job in 2 months, or I lose everything Iv worked so hard to get.

How has anyone been able to keep their job and how do you keep from having a anxiety attack from DP?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm pretty nervous because I have to get a job in 2 months, or I lose everything Iv worked so hard to get.

How has anyone been able to keep their job and how do you keep from having a anxiety attack from DP?
Hey
So when I got this hell 16 years ago I suffered and didn't take any medications. I had to leave my job because the lights made me think I was in a dream. So intense! Anyways, eventually I went and got my job back and at first it was PURE HELL but little by little the brain gets use to all the sensory overload and those symptoms fade. Now I have this hell again and it knocked me down for 2 weeks and then I started forcing myself again and now I can function well. So my advice to you is that no matter how horrific you think you are going to feel you should force yourself and don't let the brain get the best of you! Don't let this demon take away everything you worked hard for. Keep pushing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey
So when I got this hell 16 years ago I suffered and didn't take any medications. I had to leave my job because the lights made me think I was in a dream. So intense! Anyways, eventually I went and got my job back and at first it was PURE HELL but little by little the brain gets use to all the sensory overload and those symptoms fade. Now I have this hell again and it knocked me down for 2 weeks and then I started forcing myself again and now I can function well. So my advice to you is that no matter how horrific you think you are going to feel you should force yourself and don't let the brain get the best of you! Don't let this demon take away everything you worked hard for. Keep pushing.
Thank you so much! I will keep this in mind when things become too much!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unfortunelty I had to leave my job when this shit started... there was no way I could handle it, and I have been out of work since... i only hope one day I can work and have my normal life back

·
Registered
382 Posts
i had to leave my work cus i was anxious to sounds and being in a kitchen thats all u hear, and my anxiety is like nervousness then i just wanna punch someone in the face cus i feel like everyone is doing this to me

but being jobless for 6-7 months, im back in a tire shop, a lot of noise, but im handling it pretty good, i fucked up trying to take medicine, and it made me kinda worse at my job, but im slowly getting it out of my system and looking to build again, cus when i was off medicine, every week i seem to get a tiny bit better, maybe more better in the dp i didnt really think about,

but yeah, they say to keep busy and dp will fade, 40 hour a week job is pretty busy, better then dwelling on this bull

1 - 5 of 5 Posts