Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have an awful attention span and constantly jump from idea to idea without even realising it, which then I realised sounds an awful lot like ADHD, even though I'm pretty sure it's just my DPD.

I was wondering how everyone else on here scores on an ADHD test.

https://totallyadd.com/do-i-have-add/

Write your result on here! Have you had any medical professionals misdiagnose you with ADHD?

I scored

8/9 on Attention (part 1)

7/9 on Hyperactivity (part 2)

·
Registered
631 Posts
This is just as self-reported test of tendencies, subject to many issues, particularly confirmation bias, as are most tests for ADHD. Truth is, there are many reasons why an individual would report having difficulties in these area, some medical, some not.

The problem with ADHD (as with most official tests and diagnoses of mental illness, and even some physical illnesses), is that it purports to explain the problem, but it does no such thing. It merely labels the presenting symptoms authoritatively as an illness, and then claims that the illness named is what is causing the symptoms.

When it comes to symptoms, mental and physical - as opposed to objectively observable illnesses - it's more important for the individual to identify what symptoms they have, what they struggle with, and what helps and what doesn't. So if Ritalin or ADDerall helps you, then really, that's all that matters. If it doesn't, then it doesn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.