Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you recover from childhood trauma?

When I think back on my childhood I think it was quite chaotic at times. My mom was yelling at me and then my dad. I was constantly fighting with my mom and my sister. My parents punished me. But I think they just wanted me to behave, but at the same time I didn't feel like I had someone to talk to about why I behaved the way I did. Am I fucked for life or is there a way to deal with trauma? And how do I know if it was trauma? Because I don't feel very traumatized or have any flashbacks, but it may affect me in different ways, I don't know. Does trying to bring back the memories and talk about them help or is it useless. It is so hard with this disorder because there is not a clear way out. I may just making up problems that aren't really problems at all, and my brain is not helping me very much. Sometimes I talk to myself in the mirror and ask myself in the mirror and ask myself what to I have to do to feel like myself again. I am so desperate in feeling like myself again

·
Registered
393 Posts
How do you recover from childhood trauma?

When I think back on my childhood I think it was quite chaotic at times. My mom was yelling at me and then my dad. I was constantly fighting with my mom and my sister. My parents punished me. But I think they just wanted me to behave, but at the same time I didn't feel like I had someone to talk to about why I behaved the way I did. Am I fucked for life or is there a way to deal with trauma? And how do I know if it was trauma? Because I don't feel very traumatized or have any flashbacks, but it may affect me in different ways, I don't know. Does trying to bring back the memories and talk about them help or is it useless. It is so hard with this disorder because there is not a clear way out. I may just making up problems that aren't really problems at all, and my brain is not helping me very much. Sometimes I talk to myself in the mirror and ask myself in the mirror and ask myself what to I have to do to feel like myself again. I am so desperate in feeling like myself again
Good question, I have had a similar childhood with lots of shouting and fighting between my parents. I myself do not have any flashbacks or any memories that haunt me. But I do know trauma is being stored in the body so try to relax your body trough yoga, exercise, breathing techniques and things like that. I think we should focus on the future and the now and that it does not really matter as to what exactly caused it because at the end you will tackle it the same way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts