Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys i just had a quick question realting to DR/DP as i am new to this blog.

How do you know if what i have is DR/DP and not something else? Mine seems to come and go throughout the day (its always there just better at some points in the day) and the more i think about it the worse it gets. So i guess thats a good sgn?

I am just concerned that it is something life threatening or serious.

Thanks

10.jpg

Wendy
Jun 01 2014 03:32 PM

It's not life threatening or serious.

11.jpg

bluecanary
Jun 02 2014 11:57 AM

I think one of the classic symptoms of DP/DR is being uncertain whether it's DP/DR. If you're experiencing the symptoms of DP/DR and can exclude other conditions, that's most likely what you have. I think the very nature of DP has us constantly questioning it.

default_large.png

dexmex
Jun 02 2014 04:40 PM

Thanks for the responses.

I think i am just freakin gmyself out. asking myself the "what if its something else?" question constantly.

Are headaches and nek stiffness common with DP/DR? Also i think my eyes are my biggest complaint. Im getting visual know i think its called off and on. And later on in the day ive noticed my vision is completey weird, like things appear 2D almost, atleast things that are far away. And also my vision is blurry at far objects.

Ive also noticed i dont really have a gheadache unless i shake my head. any ideas on that?

My symptoms do really wax and wane throughout the day, sometimes alls i want to do is lay down and sleep and other times im good and able to carry on with my day.

default_large.png

gusano_87
Sep 20 2014 12:25 PM

The vision thing is normal.

I hope you're better by now, it's been two months. BUt yes, it's normal. IT's called Alice in Wonderland syndrome.

THe more you think about DP/DR, the worse it gets. Best thing is to stay busy and focused on other things, no matter how hard it is.

The headache and stuff is probably a result from the stress of having it. Also, everyone gets headaches when they shake their heads. DOn't shake your head.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts