Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since chronic DP I have no "feeling" or understanding of how I slept etc... it's weird to explain like all the other things. Basically I feel my sleep architecture is kind of messed up but that could be totally subjective. Or does chronic DP also affect sleep? If DP is a freeze state of fight or flight technically, then it would also make sense that sleep architecture could be affected. I want to address this topic because when I wake up I feel like when I slept 4-6 hours before chronic DP. Like I wake up pretty wired and need to lay down or take a nap pretty soon. What's your experience?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ive never slept properly since the day DP entered my life...Regular insomnia bouts have been a big problem for me ever since...

Ive often had panic attacks during my sleep...My dreams are nearly always anxiety filled (when I sleep) and they are nothing like the dreams I used to have pre DP...

I absolutely believe we can wake up feeling more exhausted if our sleep and dreams where anxiety filled...Your mind is simply not getting the proper rest it requires...

Quality sleep is absolutely vital in combating DP.....There are various theories that the two are closely linked in some way...

The difference in me when I do get a decent nights sleep is quite astounding....Im like a brand new person...For this reason I take advantage of all opportunities to sleep or nap (Night or Day)...... Because im usually so sleep deprived I have to.....Otherwise Im just constantly walking round in a spaced out zombie like state...

·
Registered
631 Posts
My dreams have always been very vivid, very strange, and when I woke up I had problems transitioning from dream state to awake state. It was just my normal, so I don't really know any different. Growing up I thought it might be like this for everyone, but figured it wasn't because they didn't seem to have these problems.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ive never slept properly since the day DP entered my life...Regular insomnia bouts have been a big problem for me ever since...

Ive often had panic attacks during my sleep...My dreams are nearly always anxiety filled (when I sleep) and they are nothing like the dreams I used to have pre DP...

I absolutely believe we can wake up feeling more exhausted if our sleep and dreams where anxiety filled...Your mind is simply not getting the proper rest it requires...

Quality sleep is absolutely vital in combating DP.....There are various theories that the two are closely linked in some way...

The difference in me when I do get a decent nights sleep is quite astounding....Im like a brand new person...For this reason I take advantage of all opportunities to sleep or nap (Night or Day)...... Because im usually so sleep deprived I have to.....Otherwise Im just constantly walking round in a spaced out zombie like state...
Totally feel for you eddy. My dreams are actually the same. I have actually panic/sense of doom/dread in my dreams like pretty much every day while the content isn't like nightmarish or something it's just that in dreams the feeling of disconnectedness is much stronger and that freaks me out so I wake up and it takes like 15 minutes to realize that it was a dream. I also take naps and lay down very often too to make up for it. Makes a huge difference for me too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts