Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you ignore dpdr when it’s right in front of your eyes 24/7? I’m so obsessed with it even though I know it’s not good but I can’t help it, it scares the shit out of me knowing this can be around for along time or forever :( I’m suppose to take care of my baby that’s due in March and I can’t if I’m still living with this. I don’t want to get out of bed or open my eyes, I do nothing. I had to stop working and move in with my mom :( I had the best life ever before this

·
Registered
375 Posts
You can't ignore it and it's actually unhealthy to believe you can. Rather than trying to ignore it you're better off trying to stay busy then when free time arrives just be prepared to acknowledge it more. Meditation can really help in this regard.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Trust me it’s possible. When I first got hit with this hell I was a hot mess and use to go on some other site and ask the same question “ how the hell to ignore it”.. I use to just cry and drop to the floor and pray because it was that hard to ignore but time went by and I had the feeling that once I got a hold of the horrific anxiety this came with I would be able to cope better with this hell. Time, medicine for anxiety/panic,and distraction.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
How do you ignore dpdr when it's right in front of your eyes 24/7? I'm so obsessed with it even though I know it's not good but I can't help it, it scares the shit out of me knowing this can be around for along time or forever :( I'm suppose to take care of my baby that's due in March and I can't if I'm still living with this. I don't want to get out of bed or open my eyes, I do nothing. I had to stop working and move in with my mom :( I had the best life ever before this
Unfortunately if any of us on here knew how to do that we would all get rid of this crap really quickly...

Its the overwhelming obsessive side to DP that has always lead me to believe that its caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain...Think of it like a record going roung and round stuck in the same groove, playing the same piece of music over and over....Its just crying out for someone to lift the needle up and move it forward a bit so it can continue on normally....

The lifting of the needle for us is usually in the form of medicine like SSRI or Atypical etc etc....The meds basically realign our brain chemistry and point it back in the right direction...The brain chemistry shooting in the wrong directions is the chemical imbalance...

·
Registered
78 Posts
iv had dr for over 14 years and most of the time i didnt give a shit and was happy.

SO it can totally be done, i hardly ever thought about it.

It was nothing more than a 2d dreamy feeling in the background without any scary, existential interpretation. Meditation also helped a shitton.

Now when ifocus in it it gets fucking bad, like an extremely fragmented coma^^ive been obsessing over it again since my mental breakdown last winter so its bad but i know it doesnt have to be.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If you can, go see a movie. Go have coffee with a friend. Paint. Read stupid tabloid magazines (this was my best distraction! Seriously, they are so filled with drama that you really get swept away. I remember when Brangelina broke I would pray for Jennifer Aniston...maybe I took the tabloids too far). Play with makeup. Sing.

I always liked something emotional. Like watching a sentimental movie or rocking out to an aggressive song. Or writing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts