Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the people born with it... mine was just weed induced yes it was hell for about a year now but at least it has a tendency to eventually subside.. how do people BORN with this cope? It's like y'all have never even felt life because I know I can't when I have it. How are you alive? You are warriors! I just don't understand I couldnt fathom living with it my whole life. We've got to find a cure for this , or an exact cause at least. Especially for them.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's only been a year for me and I'm already considering calling it quits. I have no fucking clue how people could deal with this shit for 20+ years lmao.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nog please do not call it quits.. it's very common to last for a year or even two beforehand it goes away.. There's still hope. Just really feeling for people who have this all the time .. I think about it everyday

·
Registered
45 Posts
Things didn't start getting better until after 2 years of having it. It does get better! It goes away or you even get used to it and you don't respond with panic!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well, I've had it my whole life, I'm pretty sure, or at least most of it. How do I cope? Well not very well. I've spent most of my adulthood distracting myself and escaping into a fantasy world, trying to figure out what I could do to stay alive (I.e. Work in this condition). I kept pushing up until about age 28, when I realized I just couldn't do it anymore, and I regrettably moved back in with my parents. Now I just see various doctors, experiment with meds, and try to just get through the days without too much terror. Sorry I don't have better advice or a success story. Just relating my experience.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chip1021 hope you see this I don't know how to directly reply or like tag someone but I'm very sorry. Have you tried naxalone? I've heard for a pill it works wonders with dp dr some say it may come with risks or not be too healthy long term but if your suffering long term I think you should try it even if it's for life just to give you your life back.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Is naxalone the same as naltrexone? I've heard about it and was considering it, but I couldn't get my doctors to prescribe it for some reason. I've tried just about everything else, including lamotrigine, which seems to work for a lot of people. I figured I'd go back and try it if I became reasonably convinced that it would help with my issue (doctors already consider me a basket case so they are reluctant to help me in any way)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my DP/DR about 6 years ago. You can even see my first posts on this forum. Anyway, after about 9 months of constant, non-ending DP/DR, I almost ended it and took my own life. However, after thinking about my parents and family, I decided I couldn't do that. I finally just accepted that this dream-like hell was how the rest of my life was going to be. When I accepted that, my stress surrounding the situation started to fade away as I slowly worked back into my daily grind. A few months later, all my DP/DR was completely gone. I haven't experienced it since, and I'd honestly say my life now is better than it was pre-DP/DR.

Chill out, accept the condition, trust that it will go away, and it will. Dwelling on the condition will not help things and will just make it take longer to resolve.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I don't want to be alive anymore; I wish I would just die peacefully in my sleep already! I'm not suicidal, & I'm not planning on killing myself. However, I'm barely keeping my head above water, & truly wish I was dead.
I can relate to this same sentiment sadly - that I wouldn't actively take my own life but would be better off if I passed away peacefully in my sleep. But what keeps me going and determined is a possible relief of symptoms someday. If I am ever "cured" or go into remission, I can share my story to the world. I suffered a type of hell on earth and lived to get through it. This enough keeps me going.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Automaticspacemonkey so that’s why I always see you on here. You are a true warrior , especially for going this long. Did you always think it was normal and then find out what it was? Or have you always known something was off. Have you heard of naxalone as well? I’m so glad you don’t plan suicide , that’s great and I’m so proud. Is there ever any relief at all? Maybe you should get a brain scan, unless you already have?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts