Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have dp/dr for a long time and now it’s 24/7.
I was wondering how can we achieve things in life even if we had dp/dr. I have a child and a partner and I force myself to go with them and I like to travel.
Things do feel unreal but how can I make meaning out of them?
I have energy to go places but it feels meaningless u know? Coz no reality…
So how can I live a meaningful life?

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are definitely things i can no longer achieve...

Personally, i turn to and trust the choices I made about who to be close to before I was hit with DP/DR and even though those people feel so distant from me, i think “the old me” would want me to make the best of the time i feel disconnected. I’m still figuring out how to do that tho

·
Registered
239 Posts
achieving things with dpd is completely dependent on personality traits of someone. sure if someone has such bad symptoms that he cant call the abc or count from 1-10 then its another thing but with symptoms where you do have a solid and decent functioning you can reach everything you do imagine. me for example since my onset 2011 i became a musician (guitar & piano), i became a very good professional baker, a very lovely relationship (we will marry next year), i did it to learn 2 languages and i had have a lot of fun at life.

edit: someone who cant achieve things with dpd, wouldnt without dpd either. there are so many homeless heroin addicted people on this planet. and their development have in most cases nothing to do with mental health.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts