Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i haven't posted before but i'm hoping someone can identify with what i am feeling. i'll try not to ramble too much but i'll give a bit of an outline of my situation to start with.
four and a half years ago i started feeling strange. at first i thought there was something physically wrong with my head. i'd get this strange sensation hard to describe but it made me scared I'd pass out. not faintness exactly or dizzinesss just a really weird feeling of my head not being right. also a strange sort of pressure feeling at the base of my neck and around my eyes not painful at all just really weird. sometimes a bit like being drunk. along with this feeling i started feeling a weird mental/emotional feeling. again hard to describe but like i was completely different to how i was before and a feeling of loss and guilt and fear. sometimes i would feel terrified of myself and feel almost like i wasn't human or that i'd realised what being human really was and that it wasn't what i thought it was(if that makes sense!).
i've gone through spells where these feelings have lessened and others where it's been really bad. at the moment things are really bad and i don't know why. i'ts really strange. i'll be doing something and i'll get this feeling like my mind and feelings are completely at odds with what i should be thinking or feeling in that situation.
for example i'll wake up in the morning, get my son ready and off for school. then i'll think of what i can do with my toddler that day. i might think why don't i take lily to the park today and as i think it i get a surge of this head sensation followed by a feeling of grief fear guilt all mixed together and then i'll feel like it's too painful to take her to the park. i'll be scared by the feeling but try to accept it or ignore it and move on but i have to keep going back to the feeling trying to figure it out. is it what i really feel or is it an anxiety symptom? it feels such a strong abnormal feeling, right in the pit of the stomach like someone died or like everything i ever did i always did for a best freind and now they are gone and it's too painful and scary to continue without them. i's like i then get stuck in this sensation i can't feel anything beyond it and i walk around with my stomach in a knot of fear.
it doesn't nescessarily have to be related to m y children either. i can think of doing housework or going out for a meal anything and i get a quick surge of the head sensation( it 's sort of there all the time but intensifies for a minute or two) followed by the indescribable feeling. can anyone relate to any of this. to be honest the feelings really defy description but i've done my best!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi, i haven't posted before but i'm hoping someone can identify with what i am feeling. i'll try not to ramble too much but i'll give a bit of an outline of my situation to start with.
four and a half years ago i started feeling strange. at first i thought there was something physically wrong with my head. i'd get this strange sensation hard to describe but it made me scared I'd pass out. not faintness exactly or dizzinesss just a really weird feeling of my head not being right. also a strange sort of pressure feeling at the base of my neck and around my eyes not painful at all just really weird. sometimes a bit like being drunk. along with this feeling i started feeling a weird mental/emotional feeling. again hard to describe but like i was completely different to how i was before and a feeling of loss and guilt and fear. sometimes i would feel terrified of myself and feel almost like i wasn't human or that i'd realised what being human really was and that it wasn't what i thought it was(if that makes sense!).
i've gone through spells where these feelings have lessened and others where it's been really bad. at the moment things are really bad and i don't know why. i'ts really strange. i'll be doing something and i'll get this feeling like my mind and feelings are completely at odds with what i should be thinking or feeling in that situation.
for example i'll wake up in the morning, get my son ready and off for school. then i'll think of what i can do with my toddler that day. i might think why don't i take lily to the park today and as i think it i get a surge of this head sensation followed by a feeling of grief fear guilt all mixed together and then i'll feel like it's too painful to take her to the park. i'll be scared by the feeling but try to accept it or ignore it and move on but i have to keep going back to the feeling trying to figure it out. is it what i really feel or is it an anxiety symptom? it feels such a strong abnormal feeling, right in the pit of the stomach like someone died or like everything i ever did i always did for a best freind and now they are gone and it's too painful and scary to continue without them. i's like i then get stuck in this sensation i can't feel anything beyond it and i walk around with my stomach in a knot of fear.
it doesn't nescessarily have to be related to m y children either. i can think of doing housework or going out for a meal anything and i get a quick surge of the head sensation( it 's sort of there all the time but intensifies for a minute or two) followed by the indescribable feeling. can anyone relate to any of this. to be honest the feelings really defy description but i've done my best!!!

G

·
The Surges Of Random Mixed Emotions Is Definitley Familiar To About 99% Of Us On This Board. I Sure Know I Can Relate

And Yes, Its Very Hard To Describe The Symptoms, Theirs Not Much Words For Such A Frightening, Confusing, Emotion Wrenching Feeling.

However, Your Situation Definitley Sounds Like Anxiety With A Tad Of Depression, (Cause, Yep.. DP Unfortunately Is A Symptom Of Anxiety)

If You Havnt Seen A Doctor Yet, I Suggest You Do, So You Can Get The Proper Help.. Weather It Be Med's, Cognitive Therapy Or Whatever

But Hey, Dont Feel Alone, Many Many People Live With This Disorder.. Some Just Arent Fortunate Enough To Find The Right Help Cause They Cant Find The Words To Describe It... So You've Definitley Come To The Right Place :wink:

Take Care,
Hibernation

G

·
The Surges Of Random Mixed Emotions Is Definitley Familiar To About 99% Of Us On This Board. I Sure Know I Can Relate

And Yes, Its Very Hard To Describe The Symptoms, Theirs Not Much Words For Such A Frightening, Confusing, Emotion Wrenching Feeling.

However, Your Situation Definitley Sounds Like Anxiety With A Tad Of Depression, (Cause, Yep.. DP Unfortunately Is A Symptom Of Anxiety)

If You Havnt Seen A Doctor Yet, I Suggest You Do, So You Can Get The Proper Help.. Weather It Be Med's, Cognitive Therapy Or Whatever

But Hey, Dont Feel Alone, Many Many People Live With This Disorder.. Some Just Arent Fortunate Enough To Find The Right Help Cause They Cant Find The Words To Describe It... So You've Definitley Come To The Right Place :wink:

Take Care,
Hibernation

G

·
Hahah nah, you know I'm just playa hatin' lololol

I wanna try it out, the hib typing...

Hello I am Typing Like Hib And This Takes A Lot Of Effort. Holy Lord. :) Hey whatever homeboy, you just do your thang.

G

·
Hahah nah, you know I'm just playa hatin' lololol

I wanna try it out, the hib typing...

Hello I am Typing Like Hib And This Takes A Lot Of Effort. Holy Lord. :) Hey whatever homeboy, you just do your thang.

·
Registered
723 Posts
yea i can relate to what your'e saying. anti depressants are working for me

·
Registered
723 Posts
yea i can relate to what your'e saying. anti depressants are working for me

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hibernation said:
The Surges Of Random Mixed Emotions
In HibWriting, I'd Like To Take This Opportunity To Coin A Word Describing The Above Symptoms, Or A General Strange And Discombobulated Feeling:

confition con-FISH-un noun : 1.) the state of being in a disoriented, confusing existence, where emotions are thrown off and reality's integrity has been breeched 2.) a state so debilitating and distorting that it is hard to describe, esp. in perception of reality and self
See also confite (vt), confitious (adj)

-Grant with an "R"

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hibernation said:
The Surges Of Random Mixed Emotions
In HibWriting, I'd Like To Take This Opportunity To Coin A Word Describing The Above Symptoms, Or A General Strange And Discombobulated Feeling:

confition con-FISH-un noun : 1.) the state of being in a disoriented, confusing existence, where emotions are thrown off and reality's integrity has been breeched 2.) a state so debilitating and distorting that it is hard to describe, esp. in perception of reality and self
See also confite (vt), confitious (adj)

-Grant with an "R"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts