Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have reached a plateau in my recovery process. It's not something I'm super worried about, just curious if others have had this problem and fully recovered. I've had derealization for almost a year and a half. At first, it was awful. I was put on Zoloft and Klonopin and it really turned my life around. I'm able to function normally with just the slight discomfort of DR since it is constant. It has gotten better but I can't seem to reach that 100% point. I'm tapering off of Zoloft right now due to insurance issues and will most likely start taking supplements to start combatting my anxiety and depression. I feel that natural remedies are much better than pharmaceuticals! On a day to day basis, I'd say my DR (on a scale from 1 to 10) is anywhere between 4 and 6, depending on my sleeping, eating, and stress. Do any of you have any suggestions on what I can try to rid myself of this ailment? I'd greatly appreciate any advice or even just a private message. Thank you so much.:)
And stay strong everybody<3

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I used to talk to a therapist but I stopped going when I realized it just wasn't helping. She wasn't very informed about DR and thought of it as a disorder rather than a symptom of my anxiety and a past trauma. My DR started two weeks after a 7 hour long anxiety attack. It was my first one and I really thought I was dying. I couldn't tell if it was the anxiety giving me that feeling or that fact that if had a lethal overdose on Vicodin, so it was the worst 7 hours of my life. It was incredibly traumatic for me and ultimately what triggered my anxiety disorder. The DR came after I was having anxiety attacks everyday. At first, it was a relief just to feel numb. But then I got scared of it and depression set it. I tried multiple times to end my life and only recently stopped trying and made the decision that I'll do whatever it takes to get better. I have a much better mindset. I'm hanging out with friends, getting a job, moving out of my stressful home. And I'm graduating tomorrow which is a huge accomplishment since I didn't think I could do it with my mind all foggy. Do you known of any supplements that could help? I'm going to start gingko biloba when I'm off Zoloft just so my mind can clear a bit, but I'd like to try other things as well!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's really good:) I just can't stand the pharmaceuticals I'm on anymore. I don't won't to be dependent on brain altering drugs. I know some people benefit from them but I'd love if I could get rid of this naturally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts