Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to join this community in hopes to share my experiences with others who understand what im going through. im in my senior year of highschool, and i dont know how i can keep going through each day. ive been considering taking online classes so that i wont have to go to school anymore. i keep isolating myself and i wish i had someone that knew what i felt in real life. hopefully i can find support through this community, and i hope you all are taking care of yourselves. we can get through this together.

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
983 Posts
ride the waves and don't ask where they go...

Hey, you aren't alone, i wish i had some magic advice, but deal with your depression, lower your anxiety and keep fighting the good fight, if you need to talk, hit me up, sorry i'm not here as much, but PM me if you need to, when i see it i'll hit you up x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi friend,

Fortunately I finished my last year of high school before my drug induced DP/DR took over, however I was taking online courses before that so I can offer some advice about it. It can be challenging because of how isolating and disciplined you have to be to work on it, its extremely easy to fall behind if you're not careful. You really have to make a schedule for yourself much like you'd have while attending a normal school such as waking up, break times, etc.. One of the best remedies for DP/DR is being with other people and socializing which public school offers. It's extremely difficult at first but from my own personal experiences I believe online might be worse for you at the moment. I completely understand why you want to though and that's a decision you have to make yourself.

It gets better, my DP/DR isn't nearly as bad as when I first got it but it's still there. Just maintain self care and stay positive, you'll get through this. I recommend exercising, eating well, surrounding yourself with loved ones, socializing and seeing a therapist. Self care is the key word here. Best of luck! We're all here for if you need anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts