Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Hopefully joining a community will help me cope. I am 16 years old in HS and my first encounter with Depersonalization/realization was when I was 13/14. At 13/14 all I remember is telling my mom, "I don't feel real" or "I feel like a robot." I didn't understand it at first and assumed it was from fainting. Before this I tried a silly game which involved fainting and I played it and ended up with memory problems, I thought the feeling of "not being real" came from the fainting so I just ignored it since my memory was getting better. This dp would come and go but, at 15 it blew up, I remember being in school one day, looking at my teacher and panicing because she felt so fake so I started to draw a circle on my paper to bring myself back to my body. Even walking to my class was terrifying with everything feeling unreal and my body just being a ghost. I'm so glad there are people out there with depersonalization, I feel less alone. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.