Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Hopefully joining a community will help me cope. I am 16 years old in HS and my first encounter with Depersonalization/realization was when I was 13/14. At 13/14 all I remember is telling my mom, "I don't feel real" or "I feel like a robot." I didn't understand it at first and assumed it was from fainting. Before this I tried a silly game which involved fainting and I played it and ended up with memory problems, I thought the feeling of "not being real" came from the fainting so I just ignored it since my memory was getting better. This dp would come and go but, at 15 it blew up, I remember being in school one day, looking at my teacher and panicing because she felt so fake so I started to draw a circle on my paper to bring myself back to my body. Even walking to my class was terrifying with everything feeling unreal and my body just being a ghost. I'm so glad there are people out there with depersonalization, I feel less alone. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum

Sorry to learn of your experiences. Kids and teenagers sometimes experiment with these things, unaware of the risks and possible consequences. Have you mentioned it to anyone involved in treating your dp?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts