Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
229 Posts
Hey Hena,

I am very sorry for the trauma and the loss you've experienced at such a young age.

I think that your conclusions are very important, as you have a clear perspective to what you have been through, and how that influenced the development of dissociation.

What I learned from my own experience is that the memory of such a traumatic event (and all other accumulated trauma around it, such as repeated neglect) is not processed in the brain as it should. In order to heal, those memories that are stuck like a splinter in us need to be filed as other, non-traumatic memories usually are. Therapies recommended by Bessel van der Kolk and other authors in the field of trauma are EMDR and somatic experiencing (Peter Levine), but there are others as well, that combine the knowledge about trauma treatment that has been perfected in the last 20-30 years.

I hope you will be able to find the treatment that suits you best. I am currently in the EMDR therapy, and I feel that it is helping me feel more grounded. I cannot say whether it would be beneficial for you too, but apart from CBT (that also had a huge part in my recovery), I haven't tried anything else so far.

Take care,

A.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.