Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! My name's Zan and I'm 17.

I can only write on here at the weekends because during the week I live in a mental hospital.

I've been in hospital now for 4 months and have finally started to feel a little better again!

I guess that on here I'll be writing about what's been happening to me in this time, what's helped me, what hasn't etc! Hey, maybe even this week we'll finally figure out for sure what it is that's wrong with me exactly!

Anyhoo - feel free to post, I'll see you next weekend!

++love++ zan

· Registered
891 Posts
Come on Johnny, give her a break. Really, her post sounded pretty normal. Good luck with stuff Zan. Honestly, johnny, when my parents disowned me, I had to spend a summer at a group home. You can still be intelligent and have something to add to the site if you're in a hospital.

Peace
Homeskooled

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no wonder your in a mental hospital
That comments like these are made outside of this board, I can understand, but ON this board, no, that is not ok, especially since its a place for us people with mental health problems, like you have yourself, Johnny.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eh! What do you mean - no wonder you're in a mental hospital?!?!?

There's a lot of stigma involved in being in a mental hospital I know, BUT I mean none of us in there would ever fit the 'mental patient' stereotype!

The fact is that I am ill, in the same way that people get TB or MRSA and have to be admitted to hospital! It's not my fault and it's nothing to be ashamed of!

I thought that by being in a community for people with dissociative problems that I would be accepted and be made to feel welcome - so thanx to everyone else who's tried to make me feel welcome!

I have been diagnosed with a dissociation disorder. It's not fun at all!

++love++ zan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello :)

Where are you in the UK?

Well done for posting all that up in one go - If one post is anything to go by, you certainly don't seem like you need to be in a mental institution.

All the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey! The fact is that you just canot tell whether someone should be in a mental institution or not.

Because surprisingly enough I very much need to be in there because my illness is quite severe. As I've said I suffer from a dissocitive disorder - with particuarly persistant derelaization. Only about 2 or 3 hours every month is spent in a world which I can say for certain is real!

I also have quite frequent suicidal episodes, which have only just begun to become less frequent and severe. Recently - over the last 2 weeks or so we have seen a change in me which now means that I've started to think in a more balanced and logical way again, which I think helps when doing things like this!

So - thanx a lot for your message mrmole - it was pretty cool of you and as for that other post I think that he was being serious lol!

And as for where I am I hang out in the good old north-east!

++love++ zan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it sounds like you're making progress then - good!

I can at least sympathise, if not totally understand, with you feel. MY DP is affecting my concentration at work etc - so I have some idea.

I know you can't really tell, but, at least it sounds like you will actually (ANd already are) get better.

· Registered
441 Posts
I treat myself as if it is my mistake.

I don't endorse it doing it on other people, but I insist on doing this (as much as I can, and I think that it is still not much enought) on myself.

Is it wrong? I think that it helps me. I also think that doctors are already using this "technique" in some patients (no, it is not proper for all).

dolly_daughter, it always pleasant to listen that someone is getting out of a difficult possition. I wish quick, but safe recovery.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello there people - I've not been here for a while, it was a little offputting when people were rude to me, lol!

Anyway, I guess I have done a lot since I last posted!

I was discharged from the unit at the end of June and now have only three half hour out patient appts. to go before I am fully discharged.

I have gone back to the college and am studying health & social care and have applied to university to train to become a mental health nurse myself.

My suicidal thoughts and feelings now come and go.

Am OK! lol!

Anyway - I'll probs write more when I can be bothered! Any questions?! :)

++love++ dolly_d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.