Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm new. this is my first post and i was actually wondering something, has anyone had DP since they were either born or very small and it has never gone away, except for maybe a minute or two each year?

G

·
The problem with conventional dp (and dr) and having it since birth is this: the kind of dp we usually talk about here is a disturbing CHANGE in the way one feels about self. There is a marked shift in consciousness - very creepy when COMPARED TO the way one felt before.

If someone has a chronic sense of detachment from self, and they have always had it, that's something a bit different. But tell us about yourself and how your experience feels. Very interested.

And welcome!

Peace,
Janine

G

·
Yeah, I was like " from birth on, how's that possible?" when I read the post.

I mean can you remember when you were very young ?

I mean me too had some strange experiences when I was about 6 or so but I called it "dreaming" and my sister had it too when she was that age.She even went to a doctor cause of it, I never did. It wasn't like the derealisation I have now and I haven't had the "dreaming" for a long time ( I think from ten to when the actual dr started). The dr now is much more intense, I was like fainting at its worst.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a lot of people say "then that's what it feels like to be real if you feel it all the time," but i do know what real feels like, and it's not like this. i feel it for a few seconds a few times out of the year and either think "ooh, so this is what reality feels like or "HOLY CRAP. I'M ACTUALLY ALIVE?! THAT'S SO SCARY."

it is strange. maybe i'm not real :O

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had my first DP experience when I was 6 and then it snowballed fairly quickly into a constant thing so I've had constant DP from a child 'til now.... I mean I still have it now.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had my first DP experience when I was 6 and then it snowballed fairly quickly into a constant thing so I've had constant DP from a child 'til now.... I mean I still have it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts