Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I haven't written on this site for months! For those who don't know me, I'm Giulia and I suffered from dpdr caused by ash for 2 endless months. How did I recovered? By doing absolutely nothing… yes I know, it sounds weird but that's exactly what you need to do to quickly recover. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel, I know you think you are the only one in the world who will never recover, but that's not what is going to happen, calm down. You're not ill, you're not crazy and you will soon be the "old you" again. You just have to relax, take care of yourself and switch off your brain for a while. Your brain has been working soooo much to protect you, because yes, this is exactly the cause of the DPDR, the brain is overloaded and it switch in to a intense defense system. Just chill out, go take long walks, drink a lot of water and stay with your loved ones. You're gonna get better, if you need any tips, let me know..Bye guys stay safe <3

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not all cases of DPDR are the same. I am glad it didn't stay long for you but it's different for everyone. Sometimes it goes away on its own. Sometimes it even lasts for some hours or minutes only without you doing anything. For some people doing certain things helped them, for some people nothing changed until they started using some techniques. It's different for everyone. But thanks for sharing your experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts