Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, My name is Jordan.

I Have had DP 24/7 evry day for almost 2 years, I am 16 years old and live in Canada Ontario. I just want to say Hey to everyone.

·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is how I cope with my DP, I try and think about it the least that you possibly can and when i do think about it I think about something positive that I like to get my mind off it like Basketball (Go Kings), I love Basketball and when I think about that it makes me happier. Another method to think about it is to try this, Take 30 minutes out of your day say before you go to bed and make that time " DP Time", make that the only time of the day you think about DP, and if you think about it not on "DP Time" say to yourself, I'm not suppose to be thinking about this and save it for DP Time, Gradually cut your DP time down, like after maybe a month make it 20 minutes. This seems to help me a lot so I don't have to think about DP during the day and I can Focus on other things, trust me this helps you get through the day alot easier.

I hope everyone gets better soon. :wink:

Peace

G

·
Jordan,

I love your possitive ideas!!! I actually have also found that distraction is a great tool. When I was really really bad off, I would force myself to go for a walk and during my walk I would force myself to repeat possitive affermations. It wasn't easy, but when my mind would start to go back to obsessing about my symptoms, I would force myself to "stop" and refocus on another possitive statement like, "I am getting better everyday" and just say that over and over while breathing in the nice fresh air and looking at all the beauty around.

I'm so glad we are here for each other!!!
:D
Carla

·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Carla, glad to share my suggestions :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts