Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About six months ago, I made a dumb decision and smoked weed with my friends.i got high and immediately began to panic and had a bad feeling in my body.i asked to be let out of the car and I wanted to walk around to see if it would calm me down. I was in my neighborhood and ended up sitting on a bench, pancking alot and shaking. I began to hallucinate a little about being caught and went home sightly after that. I didn't care about being caught anymore and ran in my house and straight to the bathroom. I then came out and ate some bread to see if it would help me come down from.the high. I still felt that way and fell asleep an hour or two later. I woke up the next day with weird vision and scared as I still felt kinda high. Six months later, I still have weird vision but not as bad. Lights have a glare to them and sometimes I feel like I lost peripheral vision and have tunnel vision at times. My head always hurts, I have pressure in it and a numb feeling on my forehead. My eyes also feel strained and it scares me at times. I also have trouble sleeping and when I close my eyes my eyes seem to move around alot. I'm not sure if it's my eye lids. I am currently on risperdal for this and it doesn't seem to be working. I also had a gene test done and am on methyfolate. If anyone has any insight on why I feel this way please let me know. I have bad anxiety right now and feel like I'm gonna a die sometimes. I would like to see if anyone may know what I can do next. Thank you if you read this.

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
Yep, heard this story many times so you aren't alone.

Just picking through symptoms, (all my opinion!)

High feeling = DP &OR Anxiety

Vision glare - I found mine gets better slowly, wear sunglasses in light and try and not beat you down, it's annoying, i've dragging motion but the more you stop thinking about it, either it gets easier or you don't care... it really is one of them symptoms that some people are even born with. If it's really bad there are three medications that people have used, Keppra, Lamotrigine and Clonazepam, I wrote a study on this based on HPPD which is all visual but you don't have anywhere extreme enough from what I read symptoms to worry about that.

Peripheral Vision and Tunnel vision I have no personal experience on, so i'll pass on that, but i have heard people with just anxiety get this, maybe adrenaline, not my area... but in fight or flight mode your vision kinda zooms, i noticed this pre any condition, maybe this? i dunno.

Head always hurts, yes, mine did for a long time, well i say a long time a year maybe, I believe this is simply tension. Your head is connected to your neck full of muscles, which if you have anxiety you are tensed up. If you are talking about the forehead pressure I had that too, i dunno if it's the tension or just I dunno, that should pass, i thought mine never would.

Yeah the eyes moving around a lot has been mentioned. If i stare at one letter on this I have a tendency to drift up and move my eyes, such small details i have no idea about to be honest.

Honestly, work on your anxiety, that's the first and for some the only step they need to. Don't be afraid to change medications after you give them a fair shot, 2/3 months I always think, but don't expect that time frame for a cure, but you should know if something is working with or against you.

I'll leave it there, but if you have any questions, go for it.

Ps what you should do next is what i said, lower anxiety, see how some medications work and find your coping mechanisms to lower anxiety till you don't even need one anymore, check out 'Holy Grail Of DP' solid advice on how coping and moving forward (use the search bar)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you for responding. I've tried clonazepem but it didn't take away the panic or anxiety. I have lorazepam now which did work for me but I don't wanna be dependent on it. At my next doctors visit I will recommend keppra and lamictal to my nurse practitioner.

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
Keppra and Lamicatal are hit and miss, I was much talking about the vision side of things, but i've no real idea of all your vision problems, most of it sounds like it should fade vision wise, but if that's a big deal, it's where i've read studies of success. They seem to be very hit and miss for DP also, so worth a try. Kings College like SSRI/SNRI depending and Lamotrigine, there is a trial on it, so that's one to give a shot with.

The dependancy thing is bad, when you are talking about short term drugs that are Benzo's. Host of other problems that come with long term use, if doctors here wanted me to feel a lot better and ignore good doctor practices, i am most could find a cocktail to make us feel instantly better, that's not really what you want. You want a more long term medication, benzo is just a day to day thing, acts fast, you need it again and starts to wear off... i'd say this again is my opinion, but that's kinda just a fact. I had Clonazepam and yeah, it could help but long term it couldn't do anything.

For me Olanzapine and Mirtazapine was a good combo. This place is full of med advice, if that's what you are looking for, takes a bit of digging and searching just, but it's all different, anti psychotic and anti depressant combo is very common.... but i say to anyone new, if i remember that is, i've read flat out, every story i could find on this and 4 other forums, apart from the things i mentioned, people have got out with things from gym, to time, to medications you wouldn't even think of, i.e. after the top ones, it's no one case fits all...good luck

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
About six months ago, I made a dumb decision and smoked weed with my friends.i got high and immediately began to panic and had a bad feeling in my body.i asked to be let out of the car and I wanted to walk around to see if it would calm me down. I was in my neighborhood and ended up sitting on a bench, pancking alot and shaking. I began to hallucinate a little about being caught and went home sightly after that. I didn't care about being caught anymore and ran in my house and straight to the bathroom. I then came out and ate some bread to see if it would help me come down from.the high. I still felt that way and fell asleep an hour or two later. I woke up the next day with weird vision and scared as I still felt kinda high. Six months later, I still have weird vision but not as bad. Lights have a glare to them and sometimes I feel like I lost peripheral vision and have tunnel vision at times. My head always hurts, I have pressure in it and a numb feeling on my forehead. My eyes also feel strained and it scares me at times. I also have trouble sleeping and when I close my eyes my eyes seem to move around alot. I'm not sure if it's my eye lids. I am currently on risperdal for this and it doesn't seem to be working. I also had a gene test done and am on methyfolate. If anyone has any insight on why I feel this way please let me know. I have bad anxiety right now and feel like I'm gonna a die sometimes. I would like to see if anyone may know what I can do next. Thank you if you read this.
Yup its DP.......

The good news is that it will get better....The bad news is that it can be trial and error as to what helps...

Unfortunately DP is very under researched and there is no tried and trusted method of treatment...Whether it be natural or via medicine...

You will feel better in time....

Its upsetting and disturbing but it is not dangerous and you are NOT going crazy...

You need to reduce your stress levels as much as you can....And that means ANY type of stress no matter how trivial it seems...(Toxic people, places and things) You also need to get as much rest as you can....Your mind is becoming exhausted so when the opportunity to sleep arises take it...No matter what time of day...Also try and distract yourself with tasks that are both interesting to you and relaxing...

Your gonna be ok...DP is disturbing and upsetting but it is not dangerous........

Think of it as anxiety in its worst form....Cos thats basically what it is....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts