Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to remain unnamed if that is ok...

I am a 16 year old boy and i feel like i am suffering from depersonalization disorder. It started out about 3 weeks ago, i smoked marijuana with my friend and i feel like i did way too much so i basically lost my mind when i was "high". according to my friend, i was throwing myself everywhere, hitting my self against walls,etc. during that all i was thinking about was that everything was "nothing" basically and that i wasnt dead, but i didnt know what anything. It is really hard to explain so bear with me haha. So after that i came down and i was normal until the following friday. I smoked again there but this time used a different kind so i thought i was going to be ok, but the same thing happened. This time i was more in control because i didnt smoke as much and because i was already somewhat prepared, but it was still very scary. This time it felt i was losing all grip of reality and that my conscience and my mind was just going to go blank. I wasnt throwing my self anywhere but i had that same amount of terror and fear as i did the last time i smoked. So after about a few hours i came down and felt very normal so i went to my friends and took a nap there. When i woke up i thought i felt okay and everything was good and i just thought i was somewhat out of it from the weed. So i drove home and went to bed. The next day i wake up and i feel as if nothing was real and that i was still in a dream, just the tell tale signs of depersonalization. The feelings have been going on since that friday which was two weeks ago. Some days it will go away after a while, like in school around 12:30 it will just go away and ill feel normal but it will come back later that day. I classified it as like a cycle. Then, just last night i thought it was the same as any other night until i started thinking about it, and then was getting the same feelings as i did when i was "high" which was that everything was basically nothing and that i didnt know what anything was and that i was basically stuck in limbo. Like i said it is very hard to explain but i hope you get the idea. So i woke up today to go to school and the same feelings of last night came back so i just couldnt get myself to go and i begged my parents to stay at home. Now every time i think about it i get super scared. Plus i have very bad anxiety i think so that is just making it way worse. will it go away every? if so how long do you think it will be? Also how will i know it will be away because i feel like i lost sight of what being normal is. I may just be freaking out over nothing but if not PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its just that i cant stop thinking about it thats the whole problem.. I tend to overthink things a lot so i can never get it off my mind..

·
Registered
72 Posts
stay away from put, alc, caffiene, anything else, etc. for...well forever. esp. pot or other drugs. This may go away on its own really quickly...or not. Only time will tell. Sounds like classic DP. You are not crazy don't worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts