Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm still kind of trying to figure out if I have DPDR (I'm 99% sure that I do but I'm planning on going to talk to a professional) and what exactly it is, so I figured this was a pretty good place to continue my exploration!

I first realized something was "off" when I went through a depressive phase and felt depersonalized/derealized for about 2 months straight. It was really scary but it went away when I got into a better headspace. Since then, I've been much more in tune with when I have episodes, and I've noticed that they happen (varying in symptoms and strength) multiple times a week. I've previously been diagnosed with GAD, OCD, and PTSD from a traumatic childhood experience, so I feel like I might have developed DPDR as a way for my mind to cope with stress and trauma (just a guess).

I took the Cambridge Depersonalization Scale self-evaluation and I scored relatively high (116; the "median" for people who have DPDR is 113). I knew something wasn't right - that's obviously why I was taking the evaluation - but I was hesitant to pin it on DPDR because I worry that I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, so the results took me by surprise.

Anyway, I'm just hoping to find out about others' experiences with DPDR and learn more about the condition!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I hope you will find clues and possible answers here.

But most of all I hope you will get a professional help and get better!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts