Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Hello

396 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bree123 
#1 ·
I would like to introduce myself. I am 20 years old and I have been suffering from this for about 9 months. I have a lot of symptoms and I want advice or just people to relate too.

My symptoms include

feeling like i am drugged

out of body attacks

anxious 24/7

panic attacks

not knowing "Who i am"

questioning life

feeling weird everyday all day

scared i will loose control

body feels weightless

feeling like im in a dream or not really here

Will i ever feel better? is there hope???

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey! I've been dealing with this for a little over a year. It really is the worst thing to experience, but it will get better. My symptoms were the same as yours, and now I only feel them sometimes and not as intense as they used to be. It takes time to heal from this. I've had dpdr before and I recovered, although it took quite a while. So I know that dpdr is only a temporary thing.

As hard as it is, it's really important that you try to relax. I love yoga and meditation for that. But find something that makes you relaxed and calms you down when you are anxious. I find that when I am relaxed the dpdr is not as bad. Try to ignore the feelings of dpdr, or at least not focus on them so much - keep your mind occupied!

Hope that helped! ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.