Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am a part of another forum for anxiety and panic disorders, but was looking for something more specifically catered to current symptoms and sensations I've been feeling.

A little about me:

I am a 25 year old female who has suffered from anxiety disorder and panic disorder for about 13 years now. I was on 100mg's of Zoloft for roughly 11 years up until about 5 months ago when I made the decision (with my doctor) to taper off. I am now at 25 mg's daily. While the first few months were much easier to adjust mentally and physically, I feel that I'm having some intense withdrawal symptoms specifically with depersonalization. I am in a constant state of brain fog, double-checking my surroundings, reassuring myself that I am who I am (if that makes sense). I feel like I'm just going through the motions every day and with each thing I do I have the mentality of "I just gotta make it through this." Almost as if the smallest thing (going to the grocery store) is a huge obstacle that I need to overcome. It's frustrating and disheartening, and scary. I feel like I made the wrong decision coming off of my Zoloft, but at the same time, it's something I really wanted to do, and still really want to do.

I'm just looking for support and reassurance and maybe some coping skills specifically for how to counteract these scary feelings.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hey,

see you have no replies, i'll give it a try!

All your symptoms are normal for DP. It can be all anxiety which coming off Anti depressants defiantly causes and you say you have it anyway... there is one thing i will let you consider and it's very common saying.. "when people feel right they think they don't need the medication anymore and they are well yet fail to realise it's because the medication is working".

Support, feel free to message me, coping skills, i only have two in my belt, 1. Don't research it, forget about it and get into life. 2. Wear sunglasses.

CK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts